viii

BEYONCÉ KNOWLES

BEYONCÉ KNOWLES

I didn't expect us to be flying private but here we were. This was the biggest jet I've ever seen in my life.

According to Lauren everyone in the Maraj family owned a jet. I overheard Donovan and Ricki arguing overs who's was bigger. If I knew this, I definitely would've asked for a raise during our interview, she had the money.

"I'm so excited, I've only seen Europe because of Brent. He would always send me pictures now I'm actually going." Ryan said excitedly walking down the jet's isle. She kept going from window to window glancing out.

Ryan was a year younger than me, she still was a little girl in my eyes. But she definitely earned my respect, her job was hard.  And just like me because of our age and of course beauty the men in our industry looked down on us. But we never let that stop us from doing our best.

"Ryan, baby sit down." Lauren laughed from behind me. We were the only three getting on as of now. Ricki, Donovan, and Brent were outside doing god knows what.

"I should sit in the back right, because if we crash-."

"Ryan please be quiet." I squeezed my eyes shut. Just thinking about a plane crash made my heart uneasy.

"We'll be fine, a trusted friend of mine is flying us." Ricki spoke walking down the isle. She looked rather chipper, but that was just her. She usually was always so bubbly and happy. I remember when she hugged me while I cried.

I'll always remember that. She constantly complimented me and made the office experience better all in all. She was a gem one of a kind. I see why Ryan liked her.

"Who?" Me and Lauren said in unison. We side eyed each other before laughing.

Donovan climbed in suited up, he was professional as always. Lauren immediately jumped out of her seat. She ran to her tall black man like usual. She loved him down but acted as if she didn't. Her and Ryan were both so obsessed with them. Always together never apart, I envied that. I missed being with someone who loved me.

Well at least I thought he loved me.

"Where are you going? Your not laying down with me?"

"I'm flying us baby."  Everyone's eyes widened expect Ricki's she was dying at our reactions. Chuckling at us calling us hilarious in her native tongue.

"Your a pilot?" Donovan nodded fixing his suit. That just made him even cooler in my eyes. I really don't know the people I work with.

"I was in the military for five years, became a pilot during.. My biggest accomplishment."

And being the co-owner of a multimillionaire company isn't? Who are these people?