xxvi

OMNISCIENCE

"Im so sorry. Im so sorry. Im so sorry." Onika muttered rubbing Beyoncés back gently. The woman she had been searching for, praying for, fighting for, weeping in her arms.

Onika's heart burst into pieces as Beyoncé brokenly cried. The strings of her weeping echoing through the empty hospital floor. Donovan and Rhowen were stuck outside in silence. Listening as Beyoncé continued her powerful wail.

If the building could shake from such a sound. Ricki was sure there would be an earthquake. She gulped sinking deeper into the chair. Clenching onto her tie as her legs bounced. She felt uncomfortable as if she shouldn't have been there. Beyoncé wasn't her problem anymore, but she couldn't find herself to leave.

Same for Donovan.

They went insane looking for Beyoncé. Almost beating Jay to death trying to find this woman. They couldn't just leave, they needed to see the outcome. What happened? Who happened? What babies was she talking about? Who touched her? Who harmed her? When? What? Why? Where? How?

Those were questions everyone wanted answered. Who in the world would want to harm Beyoncé Knowles? And why did they want to? Ricki felt sick as she jumped from out of her chair. Sprinting to the nearest trash can as she puked her guts out. Her eyes blurring as Beyoncé continued her crying in the background.

"It's disgusting isn't it?" Donovan sighed standing from his seat. In no rush he walked over to Ricki. Leaning against the wall as she clenched onto the garbage can.

"You know it is. T-this wasn't supposed to happen this way. She shouldn't have gotten hurt." Ricki sniffled wiping her eyes, a sudden sting causing her to groan.

"Nothing ever goes as planned in our world." Donovan scoffed placing his hands into his pockets. A door opening caught their attention as they glanced over. Onika leaving the room in a hurry as she slammed the door.

She ran toward the pair, them both confused. Ricki went to speak but Onika shoved her out the way. Occupying the trash can just like she once was. Onika's stomach couldn't handle it anymore. Her insides spilling as images of Beyoncé flashed in her mind. The bruises on her face, her black eye, the scratches all over her skin, on her thighs.

Her lip was busted, her ears bleeding. She was practically black and blue. And onika couldn't stand the sight of it. She was practically shaking as she heaved her guts into the trash. A mix of emotions flooding her veins. She was happy, happy the woman that she'd been searching for. Was finally found, but she was disgusted.

Someone, took their anger out on Beyoncé. Someone made the woman she had been dreaming about.

Unrecognizable.

That was not the woman she hired. Not the woman she interviewed. Not the woman she would sneak glances at. Not the woman she made love to for hours on end. That was not the Beyoncé Knowles that Onika Tanya Maraj had been waiting for.

"W-where did you find her?!?" Onika gagged before throwing up into the trash again. Donovan's nose flared as he turned his head away. Now his stomach was slowly becoming upset.

"We found her at the hotel." Onika's chest heaved up and down as she stood. Using her tux sleeve to wipe her mouth. So all along, while they searched the streets. Beyoncé was still wandering around the hotel? They couldn't be right.