xxii

Rhonwen Roslynn Sanon

"What do you expect me to do, onika?" I watched the Maraj walk back and forth. Constantly pacing, mumbling under her breath.

She looked insane, well she always looked insane, but shit right now. She looked like a crack addict going through withdrawals. It was a little amusing until she started crying out of no where like a loser.

"Brent did you look for her?"

"Yes." Brent nodded, he'd been up and down the streets of Europe. We knew everyone here basically, so the fact that no one seen pretty girl Knowles is a little scary. Our little angel was on the run because Onika broke her heart.

"Look, maybe Beyoncé being gone isn't such a bad thing?" My eyes widened, my hand slapping over my mouth as Onika quickly approached Donovan.

It had been years since I've seen the pair fight. Usually they were partners in our brawls but because Onika stopped going that left me and Donovan to fight. I always wondered if Onika still had it or not...

"What did you say?"

"Look onika, we have a business to run. Your married for fucks sake! Your too occupied with Beyoncé to even realize everything's—." Crack

Oh she still had it.

"Damn." I gasped darting across the room to push Onika away. She was basically seething at the mouth. Fighting against my arms as I tried my hardest to push her back.

"You good?" I asked glancing back at an enraged Donovan. I could see it in his eyes, honestly I was just happy I wasn't getting beat up.

"I'm fine." The solider fixed his suit, standing to his full height. He resembled the respect, the pride, and dedication his father always held.

He was the Maraj that always held it together when the others were lacking. I'd always respect Donovan for that. Onika was slowly losing her sanity again and he had to fix it.

"You don't understand Donovan!" She shouted, practically shaking in my arms.

I'd never seen her like this before it was odd. It's almost like she were someone else. Not herself, she was usually as cool as a cucumber. But Beyoncé being gone, made her vulnerable I guess?

I didn't fucking understand it.

"What is there to understand?" Donovan sighed, I glanced back to see him wiping his bloodied nose.

When she didn't respond it made him even madder. His jaw slacked as his fist collided with a wall. I just hoped my uncle didn't come downstairs. We'd be here fixing his wall for hours. I couldn't help but smirk as the thought crossed my mind.

"HELP ME UNDERSTAND!" He shouted back, his hands thrown in the air in frustration.

"SHE MIGHT BE PREGNANT!"

Everyone went silent for a beat, my grip on her becoming weak. The thought of Beyoncé pregnant began to cross my mind. The prettiest girl who worked for our company pregnant?

Not by jay, not by some random, but by Onika?

You had to be fucking kidding me.