Chapter 9.

Emerson's POV

Sadly it's my first day of school. On Monday I had the meeting with Mr. Jones, and on Tuesday the placement test results were in. Wednesday we sent in my paperwork, Thursday we waited. Today is Friday and the school decided that I would start today. I guess only going to one day of school is nice but it seems kind of pointless. Reece said the school wanted me to get used to public school. 

I started to get ready for school like I normally get ready. I took a shower last night so when I wake up I fix my hair and get dressed. I wear plain black jeans and a white tee shirt and pull on a black hoodie. Reece had me get school supplies and a backpack so I threw the random notebooks and a few pencils into the plain black Jansport bag. 

I head downstairs into the kitchen and start making myself toast. I eat my toast as Griffin comes downstairs dragging his feet. 

"Good morning, Em." Griffin walks over and makes himself toast. We both sit down as we eat our breakfast. The rest of our brothers make their way into the kitchen. Yesterday after I had the run-in with Blaine we avoided each other. 

"Boys you need to leave in a few minutes," Reece told us not looking up from his phone. Griffin looks at his phone panicked and runs upstairs to finish getting ready. Saint gets up calmly and walks up the stairs. I stay downstairs since I am ready and have all of my stuff for school.  

"You ready for your first day Emerson?" Leon asks me, as he hands me a notepad. I write down that I'm ready but don't want to go.

"No one wants to go to school. Just remember that if anyone gives you too much trouble let one of us know." I nod at Leon. Griffin and Saint come down a few minutes later with their backpacks. 

"Let's go, Emerson," Siant told me. We walk out to Saint's fancy car and get inside. I get in the backseat as Saint drives us to school. Saint parks the car in a parking lot, I look out the window to see a few other fancy cars but most are normal. No one is chilling outside the school like on TV though. We get out of the car and walk inside. Saint walks off to go find his friends while Griffin comes with me to get my schedule. 

"It's awesome that me and you are in the same grade. Finally, someone can help me with my homework." Griffin tells me as we wait for the secretary to finish printing out my schedule. 

She brought me the schedule and told me to have a great day. We get a few feet away from the desk when Griffin steals my schedule. 

"Nice we have 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th period together." I nod at him, kinda glad I'll have someone I know for most of the day. The classes are broken down into 45-minute long periods with 7 periods a day. 

Griffin leads me to our first class, where he claims we have no seating chart. The teacher isn't in right now. Griffin sits at the back table. 

"I have a couple of friends in this class I think you'll like them." He tells me, I nod and go on my phone. A minute later two guys come into class. The guys sit down at the table talking with Griffin. 

"Guys this is my little brother Emerson. Emerson these are my best friends, Sam," He points to a a sandy blonde guy with blue eyes. "and Jason." Jason is a brunette with brown eyes. 

"Nice to meet you." Sam nods his head at me. I nod at him. I go back to my phone while the three friends talk to each other. Soon an older man walks into class and sits down at the desk. The bell rings following his entrance and the next minute is filled with people flooding into the class taking seats and talking with their friends. Another bell rings and the teacher stands up. 

"Everyone quiet, please. From my understanding, we have a new student today." He looks over the class and stops when he gets to me. "Right there you are, would you please introduce yourself." Clearly, someone didn't get the memo about me not talking. Griffin takes it upon himself to introduce me. 

Griffin stands up and begins to talk, "This is Emerson, my little brother." 

"Thank you, Mr. Stone but I thought I asked for him to introduce himself." The teacher speaks. 

"Sir I think you should read your email about Emerson further." Griffin sits back down. The teacher goes over to his computer and reads something for a minute. 

"Sorry Emerson. I'm Mr. Davis welcome to our school." I nod at him and watch as some of the students look at me questioningly. I ignored their stares and let Davis get on with his lesson about grammar rules. 

As the day went on the rest of my classes went smoothly, no other teachers tried to get me to talk thankfully and most didn't even care about me joining their class. Currently, I am on the way to lunch. 

I met up with Griffin at his table to see two other guys and two girls besides the two I met this morning. I sit down next to Griffin and sit there as he makes an introduction again. 

Jessie was a blonde girl with green eyes that seemed sweet. 

James was Jessie's twin brother with matching features. 

Zach was mixed and had black curly hair and brown eyes. 

Brianna was a fake blonde with blue eyes and turned her nose up at me. 

Most of them were polite except Brianna who didn't give me a reaction. Griffin went and got me some food for lunch stating that I needed to learn what was good before I was allowed to get my own food. 

Griffin comes over with a fancy sandwich, it was decent. The group around me made conversation while I sat there on my phone. 

"So why don't you talk?" Brianna asked me while eating a salad. 

"He's selectively mute," Griffin tells her. 

"So he can talk." She makes the brilliant deduction. 

"Yes and no, he can but he chooses not to," Griffin explains. 

"Attention seeking much." She remarks, I roll my eyes at the one calling me an attention seeker. She's the one with fake blonde hair and dressed like a whore, but okay.

"Watch your mouth, Brianna. He's my little brother and I would hate to have to call my brothers." Griffin threatens her. This is the first time he hasn't been bubbly and smiling around anyone. Brianna clears her throat and looks around awkwardly. The table is silent for a few seconds before someone talks and the conversation starts to flow easily again. 

My 5th and 6th hours go smoothly again, and now I'm sitting in 7th in the back of the class. I'm on my phone when a girl comes into the classroom after me sits down a few chairs away from me and pulls out a book. 

Class starts after the 5-minute passing period. This hour for me is a study hall, the teacher explained that I was expected to do my work and remain quiet if I was done with my work. I look around taking a break from my phone to see the girl is sitting alone and still reading her book. She has black hair and is wearing glasses. She sits huddled into herself and avoids looking at anyone. 

I throw a few glances at her every few minutes until the bell rings singling the end of school. I rush out of this place and find Saint's car. I wait for the other two to show up. Saint comes first and unlocks the car allowing us both to get in. 

After Griffin gets here Saint brings us home. We have a normal night at home with Reece quizzing us on how our day went. He focuses more on me giving me a notepad so I can actually give details about my boring ass day.