Cherry Hill | Chapter Five

The lights of auditorium dimmed, and than went to black, only light illuminating the room being that of the windows where light leaked through the blinds.

The auditorium was packed, some people even sitting on the stairs, ready to watch the theatre kids act.

UA has a prestigious reputation for the products we produce. The theatre and acting courses being one of the most notable. Mainly kids applied to UA in the hopes of getting a jump at an acting career, a career of a lifetime. It's everyone's dream to attend UA and get a helping hand a boost into the limelight. It's what UA did best.

All people from different ages, backgrounds and social status attended this stage production. It was once in a blue moon when UA allowed non-students onto campus. They all came just to watch this. To get a taste of what could've been or what school they'll apply to get into next year.

I sat in the comfy red chair, Mina on my left and Katsuki on my right. Me and Katsuki mainly came to watch the stage production as we hadn't had anything better to do during our Saturday evening. Mina attended on behalf of the school's photography course. Keeping her camera nearby, to take shot shots for UA's website and magazine.

I leaned back into my chair as the big red curtains opened slightly, the lights on the stage were on a low dim. Indicating the show was about to start.

Music filled the auditorium, due to the kids in the Music Course. The music was a soft piano playing.

"To respect the staff of UA and the students who worked hard on this production, we advise those to be quiet and respectful. Turn off your mobile device and settle in. Enjoy the show." A voice rang out into the entire auditorium. As soon as the voice finished you could see multiple students power off their phones to show a sign of respect, all their attention would be on the stage production and the dedication of the acting courses hard work after this long semester.

The curtains opened completely, and the soft dim of the lights flickered onto their full capacity, bright stage lights decorated the scene before us.

There stood on the stage multiple students, whispering to one another and they all suddenly paused and stood in the one spot as an all familar blonde haired guy walked onto the stage.

"I'm not suppose to be talking to you guys" He spoke to the audience, being able to be heard by all due to his mic. "Not to sound self-absorbed but this is my story, I'm the main character." The blonde guy walked around the still students. "I suppose I should introduce myself, I am Alex Smith."

With that one sentence the rest of the students on stage started moving around again, interacting with one another.

The curtain closed signifying that was act one done and the crowd clapped, waiting for the next scene to start.

It was an interesting stage production. To say the least. It went on for roughly two hours, with an intermission during the one hour mark, allowing everyone in the auditorium to take a break and use the toilet or buy a drink to keep themselves hydrated. Also allowing the actors to have a break and reread their lines for the next half on the play.

The next scene that picked up after the half hour intermission went off from it picked off last, the plot of the play so far was that the main character; Alex Smith, was a popular kid and had been planning an all out after party after formal.

The curtains opened up and it showed Alex and his friends preparing for the party that was about to be.

Now this is when the stage production got interesting. The actors demonstrated how the party started, until someone had come by and was handing out illicit substances, this character had seemed to be minor in the rest of the scenes but looking back at it, they always showed a disdain for the main character.

The real plot and the real main character was revealed as the main character went from Alex Smith, to Samuel Ross; who was being played by Shinsou Hitoshi.

It was ironic how the two main characters were rivals of one another but in real life they were the bestest of friends.

The curtains closed yet again. Indicating the show was over. The only closure us as an audience had was that Samuel had been reported by the cops and went missing to avade arrest. It was an interesting play due to how the perspective did a huge 180.

The lights in an auditorium suddenly dimmed on and eventually turned completely on. The crowd clapping for the stage production.

"I'm going to go and congratulate them backstage, you two wanna come?" Mina spoke up, after getting out of her chair and stretched.

"Nah I'm alright, but you and f/n should go" Katsuki than got up, rubbing his eyes lazily, it was as if he was about to go to sleep at any moment. He pulled me up out of my chair and pushed me into Mina before taking his leave.

"I guess I'll come than?" I spoke softly, leading us out of the row of chairs and down the stairs and went backstage, me following behind Mina, her having her camera in one hand incase a photo op was available.

We entered the backstage and saw multiple students all laughing and giggling with one another.

But his laugh was the most precious one.

Mina dragged my hand and we walked up to Denki, Mina taking the lead of the conversation.

"You guys did amazing out there! Now strike a pose pretty boy" Mina spoke playfully but she meant every word as she grabbed her camera ready to take some shots.

"As long as f/n comes pose too" Denki let out an intoxicating airy laugh, and I felt Mina push me next to him.

Denki smiled for the photo and put his arm around my shoulders, I smiled for the photo aswell, tilting my head the right way for the perfect photo.

Denki let go off me and than Mina showed him the photos, Denki let out a giggle and was gushing about how much he loved the photos.

Mina showed me the photo aswell, and I noticed he had stuck a peace sign up behind my head, on the last photo.

I'm a fool for you...