Well, This Is New

"guys, im really sorry!"

"how could you?!" Hikaru yells, anger written all over his face.

"why didn't you tell us?!" Kaoru adds, same expression as his twin.

"you just don't understand-" Hikaru interrupts me.

"what don't we understand, it seems pretty clear to me!"

"what was I supposed to say, 'oh hey guys just so you know I have wings'?!"

"no bu-" Tamaki started but it was my turn to talk.

"but what?! If I told you, how was I supposed to know you wouldn't call the police or something? how was I supposed to know I wouldn't end up as a test subject for the next lucky scientist?! How was I supposed to know you wouldn't reject me or abandon me? How was I supposed to know..."

reality...

my eyes shoot open as i sit up. after a minute i realize it was a dream and let out a sigh. This didn't surprise me all that much, ive had these types of dreams many times, just its normally random people instead of people i actually know, and normally instead of talking, they scream and next thing i know there are police and scientists and all that stuff.

"its about time you woke up" i hear a voice say behind me, causing me to jump. I turn around but all i see is Neko.

"hey kitty, what are you doing?" i pet her head.

"well i was trying to wake you up, im hungry!" i stare at her. hold on, what?! That was her?! since when did she talk?! Since when could i understand her?!

"w-what?"

"come on, im hungry!"

"since when can you talk?!"

"what do you mean tal- wait, you can understand me?!" i just nod. she seems to pause for a minute, but soon looks at me.

"we'll talk about this later, just feed me!" she jumps off the bed and runs out of the room. I stand up and slowly walk to through the door and into the kitchen where she was sitting by her bowl looking up at me. I grab the food from the pantry and poor some into her bowl.

"thank you" she says before she starts to eat. I watch her, star struck. Haruhi walks in and waves a hand in front of my face and i snap out of it. "huh? what?"

"you ok? you look like you just saw a ghost."

"i don't know... um... Neko!" Neko stopped and looked at me.

"yes?" i turn to Haruhi and motion my arms to Neko.

"you hear that right?!" she raises an eyebrow.

"yeah, of course. What about it, she meows all the time?" i stare at her, then at Neko.

"i guess your the only one." she says before continuing to eat. i grab Haruhi's arm and pull her into my room. After i close the door she gives me a look.

"what going on, why did you-"

"Neko... can talk. Or at least to me... i-i don't know! i woke up, and she talked to me, a-a-and-" i stuttered, but Haruhi interrupted.

"whoa, calm down, breathe." i took a deep breath and she smiled. "ok, now, what do you mean Neko can talk?"

"well, when i woke up she talked to me, and when i was in the kitchen she answered me when i called her, with words!"

"are you sure?" i nod, "ok lets think, there has to be a reason that your the only one who understands her... oh! What about the whole, 2% avian DNA thing, you got that one ice power from that, that one time! Maybe this is like a new power and you can talk to more than just her. What if you can talk to all animals?" she said. i thought about it for a minute and realized she could be right.