Secret's Out

I wasn't thinking about the consequences, about the people around us, all I could think of was making sure I saved Haruhi from falling into the water. I threw off my shirt in mid air and reached out, unfurling my wings and using them to boost myself forward so I could reach her. I grabbed her hand and quickly used my wings to upright myself in the air and then stay in place.

She looked at me, the first thing I noticed in her eyes was relief, then surprise and fear, then worry. I flew over to the shore near the hosts, aside from Tamaki, the twins and Kyoya, who I noticed were on top of the cliff looking straight at me. Actually all of them were looking at me... I didn't like it, but I ignored it for the time being, putting Haruhi down and landing next to her swiftly.

"Homura... your wings..." she looks at me with so many different emotions swirling in her eyes. I'm sure there were quite a bit of emotions in my own eyes, but I just covered them up with a smile.

"I sent the ladies home and called a doctor, he should be arriving in about an hour." Kyoya states, I sigh a little bit, that means they didn't see my wings, its just the club.

"you know I would do anything for you, no matter the cost, you are way more important than any secret" I pull her into a hug and find myself smiling when she hugs me back. The hosts run over to us, Tamaki hugs me and Haruhi together. After a minute he pulls back, eyes holding a certain intensiveness.

"what were you thinking... why did you confront them?" His voice is quiet with anger.

"what were we supposed to do? Just sit there and watch?" I glare, completely forgetting they had all seen my wings. He glared back.

"You're not martial arts masters like Honey senpai and Mori senpai! You against two boys?! Did you really think you could handle it on your ow-"

"but it doesn't matter that we're girls and they're boys, we were there, we had to do something about it!" Haruhi interrupted him, and I nodded in silent agreement.

"that's no excuse you idiot! Don't forget you're just girls!"

"just girls?! that's what you're going to say?! ok, that's hilarious, because this girl could drop your ass in 5 seconds, because I can fight thanks! We didn't do anything wrong! We did what we thought was right at the time and thanks to us those girls got away safely! And we're fine! You need to calm d-"

"i don't need to calm down! So you can fight, ok, cool, lets talk about the fact that you've been lying to us then." Tamaki points to my wings, which were completely visible since I threw my shirt when we were falling. Immediately I saw regret in his eyes, but I couldn't let go of what he said, it just made me even angrier that he had the nerve to say I was lying to them, like I wanted to have to keep it from them.

"Oh really?! I'm sorry that I have my own secrets and that I maybe don't want to risk someone finding out and calling the police and getting me tested on! I had every reason to keep that from you and you have no right to tell me I did anything wrong in not telling you! You don't understand how terrifying it is to know that any minute someone could find out and you could be sent to a lab! You don't understand how hard it is to keep something like that from the people you call friends and know that if they find out they will turn on you! You act like you are the only one I had to keep it from! I'm sorry that I have my own damn problems to deal with and that I couldn't tell you about my wings but I kind of didn't want to be left again!" I didn't notice the wetness on my face, I didn't acknowledge the thousands of pictures playing through my mind in a mere half second, I just turned around and took off, its getting somewhat dark but I can't bring myself to care at all.