Chapter 8

I wake up feeling the soft sheets of my bed. I groan feeling a headache starting to form. I close my eyes for a second trying to find piece in the situation for just a second but I can't control it when everything that happened at Leo's friend's house comes rushing back to me. I sit up with a start, my head throbbing as I look around my room to see if anyone is here but my room is empty.

I look down to see that I am still in my red dress. It has ridden up my body so it is not covering the lower half of me. I groan again, as I touch my head. Pain shoots through my body and I immediately pull my hand away.

I pull the dress off my body and slowly get out of my bed on shaky legs. I make my way to the bathroom and wash myself up. The soap that I got at the store smells like roses. I inhale slowly as the smell starts to calm me down.

When I finish washing myself up I look through the clothes I got and start pulling on the pink sweater I got and some sweatpants. It doesn't match but I don't really care. I go to lay back in bed as my brain starts to think of what Gray meant. I could only imagine what Leo does to the people he kills and it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Had Gray been with Leo when he had gotten that blood on him? I almost threw up at the thought. Why had Leo been so upset when Gray had started talking about it? Did Leo think I didn't know what he probably did to his victims? We had left so quickly it was almost like Gray had wanted Leo to leave. If they were friends Gray must  know how to make Leo upset and he succeeded but why even invite us over then. I decided to stop thinking about it since it made my head hurt worse.

I heard a knock at the door to my bedroom, I didn't respond though. What if Leo came to kill me, what if he thought I knew too much.

The person though didn't wait for my response because they opened the door and I almost sighed with relief when I saw the maid walking in with a tray of food. She smiled weakly at me as she brought the trey over. She had bags under her eyes and when I looked down at her hands they were shaking.

"How long have I been knocked out?" I asked quietly as she set the tray in front of me. It looked like it was oatmeal with some milk next to it. It must be in the morning if she was bringing me breakfast.

"Only for a day, the alcohol you drank had been drugged,"She said. The maid started turning towards the door but I put my hand on her shoulder.

'What's your name?"

"Beth," The maid said without hesitation and with that she left the room leaving me in my own thoughts.

Why had Gray drugged me?

*************************************************************************************************************

Days passed in a blur with Beth bringing me my meals every day. I hadn't seen Leo since Friday and I started to wonder if he was mad at me for some reason. I didn't care though it's not like I ever wanted to see him again.

Somedays I would hear whispers outside my door but the maid only ever came in. I started to get bored of sitting around all day so I decided I would go and have a look around the mansion. Leo did say I could so there was no way that I could get in trouble, right?

I had just cleaned myself up and was wearing a gray sweatshirt and some gray sweatpants. I opened my door and stepped out into the hallway. The floorboards creaked under my feet. I looked down the hallway that led the opposite way to the front door and decided to go that way. The maid had just brought me breakfast a little bit ago so she wouldn't be back till lunch.

I slowly walked down the hallway looking in every door that I passed but they were all just bed rooms. Soon I came to a door at the end of the hallway of bedrooms. I stood there with my ear to the door listening if any one was there and when I heard no one I quickly slipped in the room closing the door behind me.

The lights were off but I quickly flicked them on to reveal a set of stairs going up. I contemplated if I should go up and my curiosity got the best of me so I started up the stairs. When I reached the top it revealed a door which I tried to open but it was locked.

I looked around the empty space for a key or something but there was nothing there. I turned back around to the door and turned the knob one more time and to my surprise it opened.

The room was dark inside, I could make out a desk sitting in the middle of the room but nothing else. I looked around and saw the light switch and flicked it on. The second I did though I regretted it.

Around the room there were weapons hanging on the wall. Knives of all shapes and sizes. Next to every weapon though was a picture of a person ripped out from what looks like a newspaper.

Some faces I recognize as those that had gone missing. My father had always guessed that it had been Leo.

I felt bile rise in my throat as I looked around. I started counting all of the pictures. One, two, three... twenty seven people. Twenty six men and one woman I stepped closer to the picture of the woman so I could get a better look at her face but before I could something hit me on the back of the head and everything faded to black.

  I