_-8-_

-*-*-*-*-

Nicks POV
-

When we get back to the house me and the girls redecorate the whole bottom half of the house. We move the lamps around and hang up lights so we have warm lighting and they decides to get us a bunch of house plants as house warming gifts and I set my books on the bookshelf to add to the Aesthetic.

The living room is lit with warm lighting, the Grey 'U' shaped couch across from the TV with a wooden coffee table between them. A white carpet/rug covering half the living room has a pattern on it. Around the corner is the kitchen with candles lit on the island and white light but from a small strip light on the underside of the cabinets and above the sink, and along the underside of the edge of the island. Very modern. The pantry/ laundry room is very spacious and has posters and a nice blue carpet Maddie put in there because the floor is concrete in there for some reason.

The boys got sent to their rooms when they called us out for having fairy lights spirally up the staircase handrail but we said 'let us have our moments' to which Matt said 'your moment is tacky' before walking away with his disrespect.

"Okay okay last and final touches ladies."

"I love ittt!" Maddie says and lays down on yhe couch next to Kaia.

Kora smiles and high fives me.

"I will get the boys" I make my way up.

-

Maddie plays soft indie, reggae, r&b whatever in the kitchen and Kaia turns on a movie.

After a bit

My Love My All Mine by Mitski starts play and that hits me hard.

The way everything is so perfect through my eyes but inside I am a mess and I shoved my feeling away but it all comes back to Elijah.

"Showed me what my heart was worth"

I sit at the barstool and pretend to look through my phone but really I'm just loosing my self in Maddies playlist.

"Movie night movie Night" Matt sings

"Movie night movie night" kora says and they all 5 get situated on the couch.

Song after song I fall deeper into my thoughts.

The moments. All the moments mean more to me than him cheating. What did that guy have that I didn't. Its it my look, my personality. I'd change for him if he wanted a second chance.
Eli. Fuck. I miss him so much. Tears roll down my face but I rest my hand on my mouth and look the other way so they can see my face if they looked over. I go down the hall to the pantry pretending to grab a snack.

I close the door and quickly sob. Before catching my breath again wiping my face. I hear footsteps quickly shake my head, my feelings.

I grab a bag of chips and popcorn and leaving after Chris enters.

I got back to the kitchen and put the popcorn in the microwave to cook.

I open the chips and eat my feelings because that is what girly pops do.

"Matt is that popcorn?" Maddie asks.

"No fucking way you just fuckin call me Matt, Maddie" I say without turning around

I don't hear and response and turn around to not see anyone.

"Maddie!?" I say

Matt is in the living room and just starts cackling at her.

"What" Kaia asks Matt

"Maddie just call Nick, Matt" he says and starts cackling harder

After a half hour I am still at the kitchen table but watching the movie from afar. I realize the music and it hits me again.