Chapter 25: He Gets Soft Towards Her

Malhotra Mansion

Aarav had been pacing up and down the hall. He glanced at the window and the weather was worsening. A storm could hit any minute and Khushi had not yet returned home. He was having unwanted thoughts about it and he was getting anxious.

Aarav heard the scooty stopping sound. He rushed towards the main door and saw Khushi with her safety and sound. Khushi gets off the scooty and Manvi parks it to the side. Aarav could finally breathe seeing his daughter. He walked and stood in front of her. He was about to keep his hand on her face but she passed by him leaving him disheartened.

Khushi turned and eyed Manvi "aap aayengi na padhane?" she asked

"aa jaungi" Manvi shook her head affirmatively. A smile appeared on Khushi's face and she went into the bungalow.

Aarav stared at her "mujhe kuch kehna tha tumse" he said

"jabtak aapko koi nayi teacher nahi mil jaati main aati rahungi use padhane.." Manvi clarified and turned to leave. Aarav held her wrist and she looked back at him.

"usey wapas laane ke liye Thank you.. agar use iss mausam mein kuch ho jaata toh main khudko maaf nahi kar paata.." he said with his eyes turning moist.

Manvi was surprised to hear him. He left her wrist and smiled a bit "tum uski achi dost bani ho.. uske liye bhi Thank you"

She noticed the pain in his eyes for being not able to be called as father from his own daughter's mouth. She had never seen this side of him. She smiled "ajeeb dastan hai yeh Aaravji.. itne saalo se aapki beti aapke kareeb nahi aa payi aur mujhse sirf kuch hi mahino mein itne close aa gayi ki apna ghar chodke mere saath rehna chahti thi! Use samjha diya hai aur don't worry aage se wo ghar se aise nahi jayegi"

Aarav never trusted any woman in his life but today his heart wanted to trust her words. The storm hit and her scooty fell off to the ground. She looked at it and sighed in disappointment.

"Main driver se kehta hun wo tumhe ghar chod dega.." he said

"nahi main chali jaungi" she denied as she doesn't want Dhruv to doubt her again and misbehave.

"tum itne toofan mein meri beti ko ghar tak laayi ho! Aarav Malhotra kabhi offer nahi karta hai! So just go.." Aarav said in a stern tone.

Manvi refuses and decides to take an auto from outside. Aarav made her sit inside the car forcefully and asked the driver to drop her home. Manvi gets annoyed with his behaviour. For a minute she thought he was soft but again he showed his arrogance. "jaisa baap waisi beti.. Ziddi '' she murmured.

The driver heads off towards her house. Aarav went inside the bungalow and looked around. Khushi had been sitting on the couch keeping her head on Sharda's lap.

"sab kitna pareshan they bacha.. aise dubara mat karna" Sharda said, caressing her head.

"nahi karungi Daadi.. bas Mr. Malhotra apni manmaani na kare! I will not have any other tuition teacher" she declared

"jitni ladai karni hai karo Khushi but iss tarah ghar se jaane ki zaroorat nahi hai" Aarav said

Khushi glanced at him and replied "Mr. Malhotra majburi hai meri jo iss ghar mein rehna padh raha hai mujhe aapke saath! Don't ever try to interfere in my life" she gets up and heads upstairs to her room.

Manvi glanced at the road and said "bhaiya aap yahi kone mein rok dijiye"

"are nahi teacherji.. aapko ghar tak chodne ko kaha hai Sir ne nahi chodunga toh meri job chali jayegi" he said

Manvi sighed deeply "aur aapne mujhe andar choda toh meri jaan chali jayegi! Please aap rokiye" she said

The driver stops the car at the side and Manvi gets off it. She thanked him and walked into the society. She reached her house and unlocked it with the key. She entered inside, closing the door from behind. She turned and in a second Dhruv blocked her way by placing his hands on the door caging her. "kaha se aa rahi ho? Raat ke 3 baje" he asked