𝟎𝟏|𝐬𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫-𝐢𝐧-𝐥𝐚𝐰 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐢𝐭

"Humari bhabhi kaisi ho? Sara bhabhi jaisi ho!"

The ground was echoing with the chants of teases, they were teasing the one breaching the boundary his eyes focused on the pitch. The man in blue stood dab smack at the edge of it, his back facing the crowd, his jersey read '77- GILL' in big bold letters.

Shubman always will resent Virat a bit too much, for encouraging these people-gossip mongers. All they needed was a whiff of wood anywhere and they would make the whole forest catch fire, Virat was the one to provide the wood in this case.

Suddenly all the 'bhabhi-chants' stopped and the whole field went silent as the ball slipped out of his hands and made it to the boundary. Mendis scored the first boundary of the match as the ball slipped right through him.

The fielding arrangements changed as Shubman was now placed near the mid-wicket with Virat. He wished his glare was visible to him, hoped for it.

"Humari bhabhi kaisi ho? Sara bhabhi jaisi ho!"

He didn't even like Sara not that he liked anyone, his heart was kind of reserved in a way. Shubman had met Sara twice, both had been award ceremonies and she was a sweet girl, but that was it. The most you could say was they were friends, somehow that had ended up with the media marrying them off in their heads after Sara commented something in one of his posts. Apparently now he and Sachin Tendulkar were 'damad-sasura', the best part? He didn't know about this. Now don't get him wrong, he did love Sachin a lot there was no one in India who was unknown to this cricketing legend; He was the inspiration for Shubman's cricketing character.

"Humari bhabhi kaisi ho? Sara bhabhi jaisi ho!"

Virat definitely did feel guilty now, what he had encouraged as a prank had now become a nation-wide joke. He felt sorry for Shubman, that kid never complained but he felt like an A-grade asshole for burdening that lad with this media-misery, they never did know how to stop; having had enough of all the hootings Virat finally took matter to his own hands and signalled the crowd not to disturb the player.

_____

India won the 'Asia Cup 2023' and they have never been more disappointed, Sri Lanka was all gone for 55 runs and a partnership between Shubman and Rohit brought India the trophy. A sportsman never enjoys an opposition's misery, competition is what they crave so the team though were smiling yet were not happy.

As soon the photos were taken and ceremonies were done, three people were seen hanging on to their phones. Virat smiling like an idiot talking to his wife almost kicking imaginary pebbles, Rohit screaming at some poor staff's soul on the other side who had messed up his food schedule and then some. We had another one, eyebrows scrunched and a scowl etched on his phone as his best friend was not picking up his phone. Shubman always called his dad first after every match and that call was followed by calling Ishan, love did that to you.

"Why can't you ever pick up my phone, damn it!" Shubman exclaimed huffing as the call went on a deadline.

"Who you calling lover boy?" Virat asked crossing his arms, curiosity getting the better of him.

"Ishu ofcourse, he never picks up my calls Virat bhai." Shubman huffed.

"Just when will you realise.." Virat mumbled shaking his head as he left towards the podium.

"Huh?" Shubman was left dumbfounded.

_____

"Yes please get me the handle name asap, also I need the photos of the recent match." Ishan chatted off his fingers scrolling through all the accounts waiting for him to send them pictures to post. The job of a pr manager was basically nothing and everything.