𝟎𝟓|𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐧𝐮𝐭 𝐛𝐮𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐣𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐲

Friends are the only people you choose to associate with in your life and hence you should choose them wisely, very wisely.

"Hey! Ish!" A man with questionable fashion choices and a decent facial structure exclaimed slightly towering over Ishan.

Ishan practically jumped into the arms of the other guy "Kabir? Dude you have had the glow up of the century!" He screamed, surprised by the person he had just met.

Ishan had never expected to meet an old friend from college, especially in a setting like that of a mall.

"Ish you look so different I almost didn't recognise you."

Ishan muffled his breath as he was engulfed in tighter by the man in question. Eww his cologne is so Axe graded...Man, Shubi always smells so good. Ishan thought as a mint-ish smell invaded his nose.

(Author's note- Ishan you cannot diss Axe like that, I mean I get that your man has good fragrance taste but you do not diss AXE! It is the GOAT of all perfumes)

You cannot kill people, it is illegal, a criminal offence. You do not want to be in jail for the rest of your life, at least think about Ishu. The tall man who currently possessed a scowl more frosty than Siachin glaciers thought glaring at the front put up for him.

"It's so good to see yo- oww!" Ishan's muffled voice turned into a squeak of surprise as he was snatched away from Kabir's embrace and pulled back to that of a tall, dark shadow.

Shubman pulled Ishan into his arms as he back hugged him, an arm around Ishan and the other holding a water bottle as he nuzzled his nose into Ishan's neck "Is he troubling you baby?" He said loud enough for the other to hear, yet his mouth near Ishan's ears sending goosebumps through the latter's body as warm breath was released by the mask enclosing Shubman's mouth.

You know secrecy, normalcy and all that showbiz. Ishan had insisted Shubman to go undercover for privacy, unaware about the fact that Shubman had rented the theatre.

"Ughh- Ish is he your boyfriend or something?" Kabir asked scratching the back of his head.

"W-What?" Ishan stammered his voice distorted by Shubman's warm breath.

"I mean you were in your e-boy phase in college so we all had assumed you were bisexual, but didn't know you were gay." Kabir analysed the situation.

"Whether he is gay, bisexual or asexual, what does it matter to you? Baby is he your friend?" Shubman spat glaring at the questionable pest trying to intervene and take away his Ishan.

"Shub. Behave." Ishan sighed as Shubman tightened his hold on him.

"Tell your friend to behave, I don't like him." Shubman said vocal about his hatred for the pest.

"Wait a minute! You said Shub? You are Shubman? Like Gill?" Kabir asked as he connected the dots and recognised the man whose face was covered with a black mask.

"No!" Ishan exclaimed while Shubman recited the complete opposite "Yes." He had said, simultaneously.

"Shubi!" Ishan exclaimed as he tilted his head back towards the taller man and glared at him.

"Guys! Guys! It's fine I am not going to make a scene. Nice to meet you Shubman, I am Kabir- Kabir Sharma Ishan's college friend" The pest said breaking the intense staring contest between Shubman and Ishan as he forwarded his hands awaiting a handshake from the one addressed.

"Hi." Shubman said as he removed his hand from Ishan' waist and forwarded it to Kabir.

You should have rented the whole mall, rookie mistake Shubman, rookie- fucking - mistake. Shubman clutched Kabir's hands in his and almost broke his fingers with the grip.

"Ouch!" Kabir exclaimed as he flailed his arms trying to get out of Shubman's clutch and eventually escaped.

"Sorry, didn't mean to.." Shubman said blandly as he was met with Ishan's glare.

"It's okay."

_____

"God! You used to look so hideous with those green specs and black tank top. I don't know what the girls saw in you." Ishan sipped on his coffee, his head leaning on Shubman's shoulder as he teased the one sitting in front of him.

"It was a phase!" Kabir exclaimed defensively, "It was still better than your e-boy ones with all black and rings and chains." he continued.

"That I agree on and glow up you have had for sure..." Ishan said but was met with a scoff.

"What?" Ishan said turning his head towards the owner of the voice.

"Just how ugly was he if this is a glow up?" Shubman said skimming the pages of the magazine he was holding.

"Ouch." Kabir said raising his hands in a surrender position.

"Not everyone is like you Mr. I have a five step skincare routine!" Ishan said pinching Shubman's arms.

"It's okay Ish, he is just a jealous boyfriend." Kabir whistled teasingly.

"What?" Ishan said surprise lacing his tone on the other Shubman's heart skipped a few many beats more than normal.

"He is your boyfriend, no?" Kabir moved his eyes between the two, they looked like a couple. Shubman had his arm around Ishan's shoulder and Ishan had his head leaned on Shubman's side, classic defining pose of a couple on a date.

"He is my best friend Kabir where did you get that idea?" Ishan said frowning as his body straightened a bit.

"I just assumed..." Kabir mumbled.

"Moreover I am not gay and even if I was I won't ever date Shubman. He is like a brother!" Ishan exclaimed very defensive about the matter, though unintentionally he had shattered a heart to pieces once again.

"Calm down. I never said you are gay bisexuality exists too you know? And please Gill is a catch, dude. You are going to deny that?" Kabir tried to handle the situation, he clearly hadn't misread the situation. Shubman was far more obvious than he thought, he had done some damage which neaded control now, for the man who had remained quite through out this conversation had drifted some were very far in his own head.

__________________

I know it's a short chapter, but the next one will be very long to make up for this. It's just that I have not found the motivation to write lately.

Hope you all liked it? Please vote and comment to let me know.

*crosses fingers*