𝟎𝟑|𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

It has been two days. Two days since the report came positive. Two days since Shubman has been in this hellhole of a place called hospital. Two days of laying in the piece of cardboard that they called a bed for some stupid reason. Basically resting has been treating him good, not!

Today is India's first match of the world cup. It was India vs Australia. It was supposed to be his first world cup match as a player. He was supposed to be there scoring runs for his country, helping his team by giving them a good start. Being a useful player for the team, that was his duty, not resting up on ICC's fundings.

You might say that he is overreacting but for a person who held a bat at the age of three and never left it ever since. This was the worst kind of heart break one could face. It's fate in a way because what you wish for the most always makes you wait before it comes to you.

"And Rohit Sharma is dismissed for a duck!" The voice of the commentator broke his stance as he looked at the
scoreboard.

0 for 2 wickets and 200 runs to chase.

He relaxed a little as the man with '18-KOHLI' printed on his jersey walked towards the ground.

You could say that everyone in India had faith that whenever Virat Kohli stepped up he somehow managed to mend the game in their favour. Today yet again it was proved right as India won the match as a splendid partnership between Rahul and Virat set the score and the last winning boundaries and sixes by Hardik sealed the deal.

______

"Virat bhai how did you do it! You are so amazing Virat bhai!" Shubman screeched the moment Virat had entered his ward.

Virat may not have been the highest scorer today, but for Shubman he was God.

"Shubman don't move around! Calm down and lay on the bed first." Virat said shaking his head in astonishment as he stormed towards Shubman.

"Do you know Virat bhai? When they took Rohit bhai's wicket I was so scared. My heart beat was going boom! But, somehow I knew that YOU would manage everything." Shubman exclaimed stars shining in his eyes as he fawned upon his senior.

"Get well soon Shubi, the team needs you. We were struggling today, there was no assurity. Rohit needs you there to plunder boundaries and score carefully so that he can play risky shots, he trusts you. Do you
understand me? I will allow you to rest only for one more match, that is it." Virat said running his hands through Shubman's head.

"Bhai as long as you all are there cricket will always be alive in India." Shubman said and Virat embraced him into a bone crushing hug.

"You came here straight after the match?" Shubman asked his face scrunched as the smell of sweat and dirt invaded his nose.

"You ungrateful swine!" Virat exasperated giving him the stink eye.

"Thank you, bhai." Shubman said.

"I am always there for you." Virat said hugging him and forcing the younger to wrap his arm around him. Virat had grown too accustomed to this kid, he had
accepted him as his own.

"So where is your boyfriend?" Virat asked leaning back as he got up from bed and let the lad rest.

"He does not love me at all, Virat bhai. He has vanished since two in the afternoon apparently for important work all the world cup campaigning pop and jazz he has to do." Shubman grumbled gloomily complaining about his Ishan being taken away from him.

"Didn't you want me to not come? The same rules don't apply to your boyfriend?" Virat asked slyly to get a reaction out of him.

"But I am sick!" Shubman whined, yes he whined.