Going into Alternative reality

THIRD PERSON POV

There is a flash as William takes a picture with his Polaroid camera.

Chloe: Someday Dad'll get one of them newfangled computers.

William: I hope the flash didn't scare you, Max. This is a keeper.

Chloe takes the photo out of William's hands.

Chloe: Not until I see it first! You know the rules, Dad! Max, tell him... (concernedly) Whoa, hey, you look totally pale. Are you okay?

Max: Yeah, I just... Uh...yeah, I'm fine...

Isadora: you sure your ok max

Max: yeah im good Dora

William: Okay, Chloe, give me the thumbs-up or thumbs-down...

Chloe: Well, I might just allow this one into the family album...

William: (in background) You're the boss.

Chloe: (in background) But not the cook? Hint hint, daddy.

William: (in background) Yes, we can't expect your mother to rush home and serve us slackers. Who wants to help me make crêpes?

Max (thinking) Now, what is this? William is here! Isadora And Chloe are just kids... Am I that far back in time?

Chloe: You mean pancakes?

William: In France they call them crêpes. (in background) And a good French chef needs his assistants. If you want to eat breakfast.

Max (thinking) I'm 18 years old inside my 13-year-old self... How?

Chloe: Oui. I volunteer to break the eggs!

Isadora: i wanna help

Max walks towards the camera on the counter and picks it up

Max: Now I get to take a picture... Strike a pose!

Isadora moves out the frame and William and Chloe turn to face Max.

Max: Dora get back in there

Isadora: no it's ok, I'll let Chloe and William have a picture together

Chloe: Make me a star, max

William: Just make me look young!

The camera flashes as Max takes a picture. She shakes out the photo and places it and then asks Chloe and isadora for a photo together and The camera flashes as Max takes another picture. She shakes out the photo the camera back on the counter as isadora, William and Chloe resume cooking. While max explores and the home phone rings and William answers it

William: Hello? Hey, honey! Just making a fabulous breakfast with Chloe and Max. We're all going to work at the Two Whales... What? Oh, I didn't know you had to get groceries. Of course I'll come pick you up. Now I'll have an excuse to get a mocha. Be there shortly. Love you...

William hangs up.

Max: (thinking, first time only) I have to stop William from taking his car today.

William: Excuse me, ladies, I have to go rescue yonder queen at the Sav-Mart. She doth have many bags of delicious grub for us to feast upon.

Chloe: You are ridiculous.

William: (laughs) You'll be grateful for that someday. Shit, where are my keys?

William searches around the room.

Chloe: That's a dollar for the swear jar!

William: You mean your college fund! Keys, please...

Max takes the keys from under the hat.