EPILOGUE; the cornucopia

"you kill him, i kill you, girl on fire"

...

"HOW'RE YOU FEELING?" YOU ASKED Marvel the next morning.

"It doesn't hurt anymore." He answered simply. "Medicine would've healed it now."

"You wanna get moving then?" You asked.

"God, yes." Marvel was quick to his feet, collecting up his spears in his hands. "I'm so sick of this cave."

You grabbed your sword, slipping your knife into your belt once again, and went to pick up the backpack.

"I got it this time." Marvel picked it up and swung it over one shoulder with his free hand, then switched his spears to the other hand so he could slip the bag strap over his other shoulder.

The arrow Katniss had shot at Marvel was sitting inside the backpack, zipped up.

Then the two of you made your way out of the cave.

Marvel was very eager as the two of you walked around the arena, bouncing on his feet with a wide smile on his face as if he had never been outside in his life.

When the cannon went off, you looked to him with a sigh.

"It's probably just the girl from 5." You didn't know that you were right. "I doubt it would be anyone else."

It was as the sun started to go down that you first spotted Thresh. It didn't even occur to you that the sun had set hours earlier than it was supposed to.

With a chuckle, Marvel gripped one of his spears and sent it flying.

It landed in Thresh's back, and he spun around. Once he spotted the two of you, anger overtook his features and he started running as fast as he could towards you.

Marvel threw another spear that landed in his chest this time, but Thresh continued to run.

He swung his weapon, you ducked and stabbed him with your sword. Thresh managed to slash your arm and Marvel pulled the spear out of Thresh's chest and forced it into his neck.

Thresh fell to the ground on his side and soon the cannon went off.

Three other tributes were left.

Marvel pulled the two spears out of Thresh's body and the two of you kept walking when growling from the trees behind you caught your attention.

"Y/N..." Marvel started moving backwards. "Y/N, run."

Out of the trees jumped a large, dog-like beast. A muttation of some kind.

You turned on your heel and started sprinting away as another one of the mutts appeared out of a hole in the ground.

Marvel was right beside you as the two of you ran.

"We gotta get to high ground." Marvel said, turning back and throwing one of his spears at the head of the mutt closest to you.

"The Cornucopia." You answered as you reached the paddock area where it was kept.

Marvel helped you up, then you pulled him onto the top, and the two mutts ran back into the trees.