surprise (who even are you pt.3)

"Flowers."

"Check."

"Chocolates."

"Check."

"Card."

"Check."

You and Harper are at the store, buying things for Katrina for Mother's day. It isn't until tomorrow, but you wanted to get everything ready.

The next morning, you woke up extra early, leaving the comfort of your wife's embrace, successfully not waking her. You walked to your daughter's room, rubbing your hands up and down her back.

"Wake up, Harps. We gotta make Mummy breakfast."

"Mmm, no." She stuffs her face closer to the pillow.

"It's Mother's Day, remember."

Harper sits up, gasping, suddenly wide awake.

"Mother's day!"

You carry Harper on your hip to the kitchen, hair all over the place.

"What should we make Mummy?"

"Uh, pacakes, eggs, bacon."

Harper helped you mix the pancake batter, reminder her to not eat it cause it's yucky. You plate all the food and place them in a tray. Walking to the room carefully, you place it down on the table in the corner of the room, helping Harper up on the bed.

"Happy Mummy Day!" She yelled, going into Katrina's space, cuddling her.

Katrina sits up, back against the headboard, eyes light in up at the sight of her family.

"Oh, this is amazing. I love it."

You had a bit of a family day, Katrina saying she wanted nothing more than to relax with the two of you. She also did get you some goodies to celebrate you on this day too and you were more than grateful.

———

A month later, you were in London for some meetings. Kyra practically forced you to stay in her place instead of some hotel, saying "I wanna spend some time with my Papa."

You couldn't say no.

You arrived in the afternoon, looking for the spare key Kyra told you where, but it's nowhere to be found.

"Woah, woah! Can I help you?" You hear near you.

"Yeah, just looking for the spare key, by I can't find it."

"Are you at the right place?" You can tell they're a bit cautious of you from the tone of their voice.

"Of cour—"

"Papa!" A voice you recognize all too well yells, jumping into your arms. "You're here!"

"Hey, Roo. How ya been?"

"Good. Good."

You both are catching up, completely forgetting about the other two that came with Kyra.

"Why'd Kyra call her Papa?" Katie asks Caitlin.

"That's Mini's wife."

"Ah."

The next day, you left the apartment before Kyra even woke up, leaving a note in the kitchen. It's a busy day for you.

What you didn't know was that Kyra was already up, texting your wife the all clear that she could come up. Opening the door, Kyra greeted her mother and sister figures.

They've decorated the whole place, having many, many breaks in between. Charli and Kyra were in charge of baking the cake, Mini obviously supervising.

It isn't until a couple hours later that they hear keys unlocking the front door. They all get into places, lights turned off.

"Happy Father's Day!"

You flinch in shock, not expecting this kind of welcome home.

"Harper!" You exclaim, excited to see your daughter after being away for a while. You carry Harper on your waist, walking over to where your wife stood. "Hey, baby."

"Uh, hello? I'm here too."

"Charli! You're here!"

"Thanks! I feel the love."

You didn't expect to be celebrated on Father's Day, don't was an unexpected but appreciated surprise.

"I've got one last present." You wife spoke up, handing you a small box. "Go ahead. Open it."

She has a big smile on her face, which makes you skeptical, but open the box nonetheless. Carefully lifting the top off, you see a small little stick.

"What is this?" You ask, taking it out for further inspection. "Do you have covid?"

"Wha-no. I don't have covid." She looks at you as if you'd grown two heads.

"Two lines means covid though, right?"

"Huh? Let me see." Kyra takes the stick out of your hands. "What! No way! Are you stupid?"

"What? What is it?"

"She's pregnant!"

"What? Oh my god!" You carefully walk towards your wife, going down on your knees, pressing your forehead to her stomach. "There's a baby in here?"

"Are you crying?"

"Shut up, Charli."

"Harper! You're gonna be a big sister!"

"Big sister!"

"Yeah! There's a baby in Mummy's belly."

"Mummy eat a baby?"

"No!"