Prologue | 0 - 1

When (Name) awoke, it was pitch black. Confused, he lifted his hand, but hit a wall. A box? Well, fuck. He's been kidnapped. (Name) decided to wait a bit, and if it took too long, he'll get the lid off. Or wall. Either way, he'll leave this box.

 After a few minutes, (Name) thought it was time to get out. Just as he leaned back, the front wall clicked. He paused as there was a crack of light, becoming larger, until the lid was finally off. (Name) blinked, adjusting to the light, then looked forward at a... man? He had a bird mask on and some weird outfit. Cosplayer?

 The man spoke up, "Ah, hello dear student! Welcome to Night Raven College. I am the headmaster, Crowley. I hope you haven't been waiting too long. Please, step out and to the mirror. You need to be sorted to a dorm."

 (Name) was frozen for a second, but followed the man's instructions. If this is a dangerous area, it's better to do what they say and note the surroundings. Once it's good, escape somehow. But this is a supposed college, so no harm should be done to anyone.

 (Name) stepped out of the box (kinda seems like a coffin shape. Have to check later) and saw the mirror that Crowley was talking about. He walked up to it, and a mask with intricate designs appeared.

"State your name."

For a few seconds, (Name) contemplated on whether he should or shouldn't give his name. But who cares? There's probably another person in the world who shares his name. "(Name) Nakahara."

 It was silent before the mask's voice broke it, "A unique soul that follows orders without question. Heartslabyul!"

(Name) stepped away and looked to Crowley for help, but saw that he wasn't there. Oh no, where does he go? He looked around, seeing a couple big lines of students. There were banners at the top with words and symbols on them. They seem to be names. One of them had "Heartslabyul" on it with a black and red heart as the main focus.

 (Name) walked to the end and let out a quiet sigh. That was embarrassing. Luckily nobody really reacted, so it's fine? Ugh, this sucks. (Name) noticed an approaching presence. It felt oddly familiar. Oh no.

 The one voice he never expected or wanted to hear spoke up, "(Name)! How great to see you again!" An arm wrapped around his shoulders.

 (Name) looked over his shoulder. Dazai. Dazai Osa-fucking-mu. Of all people! He wore a big smile on his face. (Name) didn't want to deal with him at this moment. Some people had turned to see what the slight yelling was about.

 "What are you doing here? How did you even get here?" (Name) whispered.

 Dazai let out a hum, "I was going to try a new suicide method, but a black carriage suddenly appeared. I looked inside and saw a coffin. Maybe I could somehow achieve my goal of killing myself without disturbing anybody!" He beamed.

 (Name) shrugged his hands off his shoulders. He raised a brow, "Were there people in the carriage? Wouldn't be not disturbing anyone if it was occupied."

 "Nope, as empty as my soul."

 (Name) hummed, "Were you sorted?"

 "Into Diasomnia."

 (Name) was about to make a remark, but a loud, familiar voice yelled out, "I most certainly did not!"

 Everyone turned to the main doors and saw the headmaster and another person. Crowley held a cat with blue flaming ears, covering its mouth. He turned to the newcomer, "Please step up to the mirror, I'll hold your weasel for you."

 Hesitantly, the guy walked up to the mirror, said his name (which was Enma Yuuken), and waited for a response from the object. When the mirror's voice responded, it wasn't exactly what everyone thought it'd say.