Chapter 3 : The Grief and Grieving

staring at the ceiling in the dark,
same old empty feeling in your heart
'cause love comes slow, and it goes so fast

☆

29th December, 9:10 PM.

Geeta Niwas, Sharanya's residence.

-"It's weird how time changes, yaar. I mean, adult life is nothing like highschool."

Tanisha's voice filled in her ears but she cared less while typing something on her phone's screen.

-"Sharu yaar, you were the one angry at me for ditching you and now you are also the one busy on your fucking phone!"

Tanisha said, irritated, breaking Sharanya's focus from replying to an email that she was typing on her phone.

-"Huh? Sorry I...was just replying to an email. You continue..."

Sharanya said mindlessly, switching off her phone.

-"Oh ofcourse you didn't!"

Anamika said this time, snatching Sharanya's phone away and keeping it inside her jacket's pocket, making her sigh in defeat.

Tanisha had come to Sharanya's place with Anamika this evening to make up to both of them after she had to ditch her best friends at the last moment because her boyfriend, Shwetabh who had to leave for an urgent business trip to Udaipur for the next five days. So spending some time with him was more important.

Therefore, here she was at the Geeta Niwas this evening doing all the chatting and catting with her best friends that she couldn't do the last time.

-"Haa so, what were you saying, Tanisha?"

Sharanya asked Tanisha, her attention undiverted this time.

-"I was just talking about how different highschool is from adult life. They're nothing similar, bro. So much has changed."

Tanisha repeated, giving context of what she was talking about.

-"But what hasn't changed is our friendship. No, golden friendship. It's elite and that's just a flex."

She continued furthermore.

-"Actually, yes! You're right. I mean, there are barely any people that we know who sustained their friendships after highschool."

Anamika remarked this time.

-"Yes, I can even count on my fingers! Us three and another friend group is of Shwet that he has with his best friends. Other than that, I don't know anybody from school having the same friends now."