Chapter 18 : An Unexpected Attack

jo khatam ho isi jagah,

ye aisa silsila nahi

-"Chalein?"

Sharanya came back, putting her phone inside her pocket.

-"Ji,"

Advait responded as he too kept his phone inside and took out the car keys.

Meanwhile, Sharanya started walking towards the passenger's seat and tried opening the door but her movements stopped abruptly when she felt someone's presence behind her.

-"Mere hote hue aap kyu car ka door khol rahi hain?"

Came Advait's voice while his hands moved forward and opened the door for her.

-"You don't have to take that pain, Advait. I can do that myself."

Sharanya said looking at him.

-"I know you can do that but it doesn't mean you should. Let me, instead."

Advait replied with a shrug making her admire him even more than she already did.

Smiling at his words, she thanked him before slipping inside the car while he made his way and sat on the driving seat, setting the car in motion.

-"So, what's next?"

He questioned while turning the steering wheel; his veins on the back of his hand flexing in the process.

Oh just how hot his hands would look around her neck while they make lov-

Shut the fuck up!

Are you mad?

Her brain jumped in, making all of her dirty thoughts come to an abrupt halt.

The sight infront of her made Sharanya go all dizzy and wild before she reminded herself that this wasn't right, because Advait was a committed man and she shou-

No he wasn't! Not anymore.

Her subconscious remarked, putting her heart at ease about drooling over "someone else's partner".

Now that he wasn't with Ishika, she could atleast allow herself to create all those scenarios in her head which she made as a teenager about him.

Atleast it wouldn't feel wrong now.

-"Where are you lost?"

Advait's voice brought her back to the real world.

Lost in you, love.

-"Umm, nothing. What were you saying?"

Sharanya questioned, getting out of her dreamworld.

-"I was asking, what's next?"

Advait repeated himself.

-"Yeah, that. Jaisa aap bataiye, what do you want to do next? Do you want to dig more into this matter or not?"

She questioned him, wanting to know about his idea of the situation.

-"I guess we don't have any other option. Digging more into the matter is all we can do because Ishika isn't the one who should be allowed to get away with this.

She's an amazing manipulator and both of us know what she told us today was only the half truth."

He answered honestly, telling her whatever he felt about the situation, making her nod in agreement.