Chapter 27 : Futile Evidences

bitch, i said what i said
i'd rather be famous instead

10th February, 9:56 P

10th February, 9:56 P.M.

The Legato Law Firm, Sharanya's office.

-"So what can you possibly think of when you hear the word, 'evidence'?"

Sharanya asked Advait, her gaze focused on the laptop's screen infront of her, as she shifted from one tab to another.

It had almost been 4 days since they started the process of evidence collection against Ishika that they could present infront of the court in the first trial, which was to take place in 4 days from now.

So far, success seemed like a far off destination to them because they barely had any proofs against their opponents.

Apparently, Rajeev did not boast or lie when he said that Advait was gonna have a hard time winning this case and so will Sharanya, trying to prove him innocent.

The legal notice which they had received from Ishika's end had clearly mentioned the grounds on which she had filed her complaints against Advait.

The first accusation was rape charges filed against him, under section 376 of the Indian Penal Code.

Apparently, she had accused Advait of sexually forcing himself upon her, against her will.

The second accusation was of physical, sexual and verbal abuse under article 21.

These were the two main complaints that she had filed against him apart from other complaints like receiving death threats from him and apparently, non-commitment?

Because allegedly, Advait had backed off from taking the responsibility of his unborn child, growing in Ishika's womb.

The allegations were serious, for sure, and could not be taken lightly.

Advait was accused of leaving a woman which he had impregnated and the court was gonna sue him for doing so, if Sharanya won't be able to present evidences in his favour.

The situation was critical and collecting evidences against Ishika now seemed harder than climbing the Everest.

-"Fuck it."

Sharanya cursed under her breath as she clicked on a key harshly and threw herself back on the chair.

-"In this way, we will never be able to collect any evidences and all we have is a period of 4 damn days! We have to present valid evidences against Ishika or the court is gonna announce you guilty on the first trial itself!"

She exclaimed in frustration, making Advait push his palm against his forehead because of how helpless he was feeling in this moment.

Never in his life had he felt so helpless, powerless, so tightly tied in the chains of fate that he had no idea how to escape this inescapable grip of his cruel destiny.