Chapter 12 : Games of Fate

24th January, 11:40 AM.

Geeta Niwas, Sharanya's residence .

-"Take the driver with you if it's that important to go today, Mumma. I'm seriously running very late. Warna mein aapko pakka drop kar deti."

Are you really running that late or are you just a fucking coward who cannot face her fears?

Sharanya's subconscious mocked her.

-"Pihu please, Vasundhara has especially requested to see you. Please beta, unke liye chal lo. Tu gate se milke chali jaana but please chal le."

Sambhavna's soft voice made its way to her ears whilst Sharanya just sighed at her mother's request.

Life is a funny game and sometimes annoying too.

No matter how hard she tried to get away from it since the past week, destiny always found a way to lead her to him.

The man who never fails to take her breath away with his charm.

Ofcourse.

Advait Agnihotri, he was.

And even if it was true that Sharanya really was running late for her hospital visit to Adarsh, who had been admitted in Anamika's hospital after an unusual accident on a misty winter morning, she couldn't deny that she was afraid to see Advait at his house if she goes there to drop her mother because Mrs. Vasundhara had invited Sambhavna today for a get together at her place.

Seeing Advait at his own house was the last thing on Sharanya's mind, after he had made a grand reappearance in her life.

She feared that her anxiety might get triggere again.

-"No, no. I cannot go there to drop you, Mumma. Take Shivansh or Samriddhi with you, they're free today. Waise bhi aaj Sunday hai. I'll meet Vasundhara aunty some other day."

Pretty lies.

-"Okay enough of this nonsense now, Pihu. You are going to drop me at the Agnihotri Mansion and that's final. I don't care. As it is the hospital comes on the way."

Sambhavna spoke in a no-nonsense tone this time, the mother in her taking over.

God, save me!

She prayed an internal prayer.

It felt like Sharanya couldn't escape this situation and everything in the cosmos was conspiring against her to end up at the Agnihotris.

Oh fucking life!

And with that, long gone was Sharanya's silhouette inside her car and long gone was every ounce of her patience.

-"Ughh fine! Get into the car, I'm already late."

She said as she took the drivers seat in her car while inserting the key in the ignition switch, praying to the sweet heavens to not end her up in any sort of situation with Mrs. Vasundhara's son.

God, let me just not have an encounter with him! Not at his own house atleast.

-"That's like my daughter."

Sambhavna spoke with a smile of accomplishment spread across her lips while Sharanya just gave her a sarcastically sweet tight-lipped smile in return, trying to suppress the growing frustration within herself.

. . .

20 minutes later.