Chapter 13 : Broken Hearts & Blessings

This chapter is of about 4K words; longest in the book till date. Read when you have enough time to not lose touch with the emotions.

mein chooke tumko dekh lu, ki sach mein mere paas ho
mujhe jiski justajoo, wahi meri talaash ho

This was actually unusual.

Or maybe he was just hallucinating due the lack of sleep and the nonstop crying sessions he had in his room, after being overwhelmed by his emotions, the previous night.

That could be the only reason as to why he thought that he had already seen Sharanya in this attire, before.

Her long black hair cascading down until her waist with a bluish green kurti adorning her silhouette; a pair of jhumka and a shade of pink on her lips, Advait couldn't deny that Sharanya looked adorable as hell!

The shade of her lipstick somehow seemed familiar to him, even though he had not seen that shade on her lips earlier but he was sure about seeing it somewhere before.

But where? He had no idea.

Oh but he was sure about one thing and that was that, this kurti was the same he had seen on the girl in the morning as well.

And he couldn't deny but get fascinated with the idea of Sharanya being at his place, without him knowing.

What was she doing at his house, talking with his MOTHER?

A lady who had even often refused to make any type of acquaintances with Ishika as well? Strange.

-"Um, Sharanya,"

Advait called her out in a low voice, just so that only she could hear him while their friends were busy talking about random stuffs among themselves.

-"Yeah?"

Sharanya replied confidently despite the inner turmoil that raged within her.

Oh just don't ask if I was there at your hou-

-"Were you there at my house today, in the morning? By any chance?"

Advait's curious voice hit her eardrums.

Heck, the universe was adamant to play crazy games with her today and was determined to not for once do something as per her wish.

She sighed at the games of her fate and knowing she couldn't escape the situation now, and that lying and making stupid excuses was no option, Sharanya decided to spill the truth.

-"Um, yeah. I was there at your place today in the morning. Actually Mrs. Vasundhara organised a get together, na. So she had invited my mother. Toh mein bass drop karne aayi thi unhe."

Sharanya replied honestly.

Meanwhile, Advait just meekly nodded at her response, unable to digest the fact that she was there at his fucking place and he wasn't aware.

Sad.

He wanted to ask her if she would be there to pick up her mother in the evening, at his place. But chose otherwise at the fear of receiving a negative answer.

Though, the reason about this behaviour of himself, especially around Sharanya and upon her thoughts, still remained a mystery for Advait.

-"Alright then, we'll take our leave, now that your mother and sister are coming. See you soon, Adarsh."