Twenty Seven

Khushi looked at Aman Mathur. His eyes sometimes looked at Arnav with that adoration. Like he was the best thing in the world. And she knew that look. She has seen it in the eyes of Arnav for her. She noticed it many a times.

Finally she asked her husband as she laid on his arms..

"Arnavji..I have a question"Khushi asked as she drew patterns on the chest of Arnav. She really liked to kiss that part of his chest. Where his heart beat. Even while sleeping she kept her hands there always..

"Before you ask. Khushiji. I would like to ask you. When would you stop with your Ji? It makes me feel old Khushi. Like I am some kind of elder"said Arnav with a frown..

Khushi laughed at him.

"Donot call me that. It reminds me of Shyam. He used to call me like that. khushiji.. Khushi ji.."Khushi said making disgusting face..

"But di calls you that. Even NK calls you the same"Arnav asked with frown..

"Yes. Their intentions are good right. But his was bad. And Arnavji. I donot like to hear that from you. About me calling you Arnav. I called you Arnav. Like few minutes back. Countless times. Did you forget?"Khushi asked,as she smiled naughtily.

Arnav nodded. That too was right. The sanskari Bahu turned into a wild cat in the room it seems.

"Arnavji. Why does Amanji at times gazes you with so much adoration? Like you do?"Khushi asked Arnav..

Arnav smiled. So she finally noticed..

"Khushi. Aman and I studied in the same University. You know,things are open there. Like boys liking boys. It's not a bad thing Khushi. Aman said he likes me. But it was impossible for me to get involved in the romantic ideas. You know. I donot like it at all. I was like a dead man before. Just a body without life. So I made things clear to him. That it was not possible for me. You saw how hard it was. For us too. Khushi. This heart is too wounded to trust. And Aman is a good person. I would never like him to break. "said Arnav as he caressed her hair..

But Khushi was Khushi. She was as curious as a child..

"But Arnavji. Is it not wrong? I mean a man liking another,or a woman liking another?"she asked..

Arnav smiled. At times,their nights were more like question answer session. She was a child. A very innocent one. He was her teacher,her guide.

"Khushi. Liking someone is never wrong. But putting someone in difficult situation is wrong. See. I had a friend. She loved a man. Too much. But she stayed quitely. Guarding him.. But Khushi that man took advantages of her unconditional love and care. It was so much that he did not hesitate to have relationship with others just to hurt her. She had no more expectations from him. But what broke her was watching him with a man. A man who almost killed her. And he too knew it.

She left. But after she left that man never left her in piece. He  did not care that she had lost all her memory. He almost killed her. Thankfully someone reached there in time to save her. But Khushi,at the end. She became crazy. Because that person who was saving her died because of a misunderstanding. Or a situation created by her ex. It's a very painful ending..

So. Khushi. Even man and woman cannot find peace. Let alone two men and two women. See it like that. If you like a man,you would feel jealous. When he is with other woman. But you won't feel it with other men. A man would feel both. The insecurity,the physical body. The demand of submission,the other things. It would drive wedges far easily than anything else. It's like sticking a coin on head. Sometimes it works. But often it fails. Because Khushi. It's more like a past obsession. Or we cannot accept that we too have feminine side in us. That we want something different for us. Khushi. In nature's order,there is no such thing. But we humans create it with our own mind. And funnily enough we want everyone to accept it too.."explained Arnav..

Khushi nodded..

"But donot worry. Aman in very happy with his lover now..He met Karan. And both fell in love. Getting married or not depends on them. But they are happy. Content. The only advice I gave to Aman was. Treat whoever you love as a person. Donot project the things that you think on Karan. He is a man too. Donot disrespect him."Arnav said.

Khushi smiled.

Being different is not bad. But being different and feeling different are two different matters. There are many men who have a soft personality. They are soft-spoken and silent. They like cooking,like helping their mothers. It does not mean they are gay. They are just soft persons. There are women who are strong. Who fight in streets too. Who are extremely protective. Who donot know anything about chores. It does not mean they are lesbians. They are just as they are. Even trans people are humans. Rather than helping them,pushing them to corner,mistreating them is a crime against humanity..

At tender ages,when children are not given freedom,when education about life becomes topics to hide. Then divergence breaks out. We name it as revolution sometimes. But it is a point of time when every man,woman should think. Why? Why do they feel like a woman caged in man or man caged in woman? Why are men thinking men are better partner than women and women are thinking the same? The barrier that few build,thinking of it as a revolution. Sometimes it leads to a devolution too.

It seems it is time,social experts should start focusing on humanity as a whole,rather than politics..