Fourty five

"Chhote..Have you ever thought about your dream girl?"asked Anjali as she sat beside her brother..

Arnav smiled as he put his head on her lap. Her gentle caress in his Hair made him relaxed.

"Di. Dream girl? There is no such thing as dream girl in my mind"said Arnav..

"But everyone has one ideal person,like a painting without face in their mind,heart. Have you never painted her?"asked Anjali..

"No Di. I never did. To paint someone as my dream girl or ideal person would be being dishonest to myself. I would pour all my demands,all my needs into this imagination. Then Di. What if there is really some God out there. And they try to mold someone like that for me? So I won't. I just wish to marry a human,if possible. With all her limbs intact and a healthy person"said Arnav..

"Then are you not being judgmental by defining her as healthy? What if she has health problems?"she teased..

"Di. I told you. I donot want to create a her. Based on my vanity. I would pray,whoever she is and everyone else for being happy and healthy. Okay "said Arnav seriously..

"Still. Chhote..At least you should have a set standard right? It's not like. You would just pick anyone up and marry"Anjali added..

"Not like that Di. You know. Life is full of tests. I just want to live it. Fully. Di. If you ask me. Then I would tell you. My heart would tell me. That she is someone whom I like. Then I would go for it"said Arnav..

"And what if she refuses?"Anjali teased..

"Then it means she is afraid of Anjali and Devyani Devi. And Manorama Devi. The trip have scared her. Its okay. I would accept it.. Afterall I am being threatened everyday by three Matas of mine"Arnav added,with a pitiful voice.

Anjali slapped his head lightly. Both smiled..

"But Di. Jokes apart. I donot have any definition for her. All I wish is. She would be honest to herself. I donot want a girl with any special qualities. All I want is,Di. A person who understands me and tries to make me understand her. A best friend,a companion and a child. I would care for her. And hope she feels it too"Arnav added..

Anjali sighed.

Both chatted few more minutes and she left. Arnav fell asleep..

On the other side,Payal and Khushi sat watching stars..

"Khushi..Tell me more about your Sapno ka Rajkumar"asked Payal. She felt happy whenever Khushi talked about it. It gave Payal hope. Hope to dream..

"My prince charming would be tall. Dark,handsome. With deep eyes that would make me drown in them. He would be like wind. Here now. There now. Strong. Strong enough to keep me away from all the hurts I feel. He would look at me like I am the only woman in this world "Khushi said with a dreamy look in her eyes.

Payal smiled. She too looked at the stars. But her eyes had hesitation to dream..

"Jiji. Remember one thing. You should never be afraid to dream. And to give it a try. Never be afraid. Devi Maiya listens to honest hearts. Okay"Khushi added..

"Okay. Then. Khushi. I really wish. My prince charming would be simple. Kind. Honest. Would treat me well. And I would treat him well.."Payal said as she closed her eyes..

Khushi smiled..

Both sisters sat sipping tea and chatting. About the girls who got married. They gossiped about the Vimla Chachi and Kamla Mausi in their neighbourhood,who fought daily. For simple reasons.

Small moments gave them courage to face the coming day.

"Sashi Ji. We should start looking for alliances for both of our children"said Garima as she sat down beside Sashi Gupta.

"Garima. A few more years. Let them grow up. I want them to have freedom to decide"said Sashi. He was busy in account.

"Payal is twenty one. And Khushi is about to be nineteen. Sashi Ji. It's right for them to get married now"added Garima..

"I know. Wait. I forgot. Here"Sashi Gupta said and walked towards the cupboard and pulled out a post..

Garima looked on. He sat beside her and showed her two photos. Of two boys. For their two daughters..

His friend Manohar Raizada wanted to take his daughters as his daughters in law..

Garima smiled..

"Now donot worry about them. Let them be. Okay?"he said as she smiled..

Both looked at the stars content..

And Moon smiled in Sun's embrace,as the glow on its face showed..