Dear Abbu.

Dear Abbu,

It's been eighteen years and I've got to say... we've had hell of a ride together. Despite the crap you get from all the females in the house, yes myself included, you never gave me reason to stop respecting you as a father. You came to the States when you were only 19 years old, and from making cents an hour, to managing various stores, to becoming self-employed, you put mom through Medical School and getting her USMLE, to raising Sabah and I majority of the time on your own. I'm sure we weren't easy to deal with.

You were a stay at home dad and you managed to do all this just for us. You shaped me into the person I am today and now I'm able to spread your legacy: let everyone in, because you don't want anyone standing out in the cold. Help as much as you can. I am the only child in the house who had the blessing of being more like my father. Yeah, I'm different in terms of thinking and acting, but now I have the ability to think I can be as amazing as you--though that may be a tad hard, given the circumstances.

I was flicking through our old scrapbooks the other day and I saw a picture of baby me holding two packs of cigarettes with a face saying that either I just woke up from a nap and I'm telling Brenda -the store manager- to get out of my face, or a look that somewhat resembled Spongebob's when he decided to go without water in Sandy's Tree-Dome and finally cracked. O_O

I laughed so hard at that. You let me have the freedom that most parents wouldn't allow their children to have... Though that resulted in some near-death experiences, like the time Sabah and I accidentally put the car in drive when you and mum weren't in the car... THAT WAS ONE TIME DAD. v.v

But not many kids can say they had a horse as children. You made that happen. Not me, not Sabah, not mom. Y O U. You didn't even get the recognition you deserved for that, and I'm sorry. But hopefully this letter makes up for it. I remember those times where I would ask you to read me the Lion King and I knew you were tired, but I think that was when my sadistic tendencies started to manifest because I kept making you read it to me v.v to the point where you then taught me how to read cx Hehe....

All I'm trying to say is, I'm blessed to have you as a father. Thank you for everything. You've got two girls going off to college and it's all cause of you... Mom helped some, too though cx 

আমি তোমাকে ভালবাসি বাবা

~ Your little Princess <3