Guldasta.

Haan nikal Rahi hu main bhaii wait a bit

I am waiting for an hour Ria

Thora aur
I am almost done

It will take you 30 minutes to reach here bro

Oh thank you for telling me I did not know

He clicked his tongue in irritation and disconnected the call. It's Saraswati Puja and as a bangali it is my soul responsibility to not to study on that and go to our school for Prasad. Saraswati is basically the goddess of education. Schools celebrate these Puja and invite their students for parsads and aartis. My ex school didn't have these celebrations as it was a convent school.

And also it is a new year by the way, January is about to end.

I grabbed everything, I wore a pink saare with a white blouse, very minimal makeup and a brown lipstick. I rushed out of my house while checking my phone

3 missed calls

It was from him, he is gonna be so mad. Actually let him know what it feels like when you make somebody wait. He is the one who makes everyone wait every time.

I reached school. He was standing at the gate, talking to someone, my auto stood just in front of him, I walked towards him, he was wearing a black kurta paired with blue jeans, sleeves rolled up, a silver watch and his old air force 1. He looked so hot, oh my god. And apparently not only Rusha but many girls from our class and juniors had a crush on him and were hurt when he left the school.

We passed each other a high five. He put his hands around my shoulders, I could feel my cheeks heat up. I walked looking down. He softly whispered

"You like the guys in black kurta, don't you?"

I looked at him with confusion which soon turned into realisation. I had put up a story long back that, guys in black kurta are the sexiest. He remembered?

I again turned down my gaze, my cheeks are gonna melt now!

"You look good, and the bindi, uff"

Is he flirting with me??
After I mouthed a thanks he put his hands down from my shoulders as some seniors were approaching him. They teased him and I walked past them as if I was not blushing inside.

I found my friends under a tree, smoking their lungs out, Niel and I are the only non - smokers among our friends. Soon he came in and saw everyone smoking and cussed them to their death. While departing he slightly 'ishaaro mein' told me to check my phone.

Meet me outside the school at sarkar's Puja place right now.

Okay.

Woah very very sus.
I got out of our school as he instructed me to do.
I was waiting in the sarkar's place when a hand grabbed my wrist and turned me around. It was him of course.

He handed me a small bouquet of flowers and said, "ye guldasta aapke liye"

"Dhanyawad ji"

"Haaye"

We both chuckled,
And sat down.
I rested my head on one of his shoulders, I wish time just stopped there, I feel ethereal right now, I handed him his birthday gift as I didn't know if we would meet again anytime soon or not.

He opened the gift in front of Me it was a pen, dairy and a keychain.

He looked at me and smiled, I sunk into his eyes, his eyes was continuously travelling from my eyes to my lips and then again on my eyes. Our sweet moment broke when his phone rang and he sighed closing his eyes then looked down to pull out his phone. He got up and talked, after a few minutes.

"Mumma is calling home, chal, I will leave you at the station and I will head towards home"
And stuck his hand out, I got up as I held his hand for support.

I looked at him for the last time and turned around to walk away, he slightly ran to match my pace.

We avoided the way in front of the school, because there were more than 100 missed calls to both of us from our friends.

We reached the station, we bid each other goodbye. It was a great day for me. I smiled like a fool as I was on my way home, but I left my home behind. The void we feel after something surreal happens is not something talked about much, it feels unreal.