The last hour.

"Clothes, check
Snacks, check
Coke, check
Everything else bhi check he hai"

I said as i checked everything for the last time. With a heavy heart and excited mind I stepped out of my house after touching my parents feet. They are coming with me to the airport.

After a couple of hours we reached the airport. Driver uncle unloaded my bags from the car and loaded them on the carts.

My eyes continuously scaned the whole airport looking for that one person. I have my parents here and I want him also to be here. After loading everything I walked towards the gate. For the last time I looked back at my parents when my gaze slightly shifted to a guy, wearing a dark blue shirt with polka dots in it. He passed me sad smile.

Maa knew what it was so she made an excuse and took baba aside. As soon as they walked away I ran towards him and hugged as tightly as I could. Tears rolled down our faces.

After a while he handed me three large packets of Lottie choco pie and a pack of kinderjoy, yea I still love them. I looked at him and smiled again. My boy is such a gentleman.

We smiled at eachother and  I turned around to walk away when he call out my name again

"Ria-"

I turned around with a questioning face, couple of seconds later he says

"Kuch nahi, good bye" and smiled again as tears rolled down his cheeks.

I walked away with my cart and checked in.

I was not able to control my self. I locked myself inside the airport bathroom and cried, so hard. I did not want things to end like this but I have to move on. I cannot stay with his confusion.

I boarded my pass, sat down. The whole journey passed away with various thoughts. Leaving behind my maa and baba, staying alone, career, Niel, all over my head was a mess. So it was better for me to sleep.

It took two hours to reach Pune.
After landing I knew where my pg was and booked a cab for the first time on my own.

Cab uncle loaded everything on the cab and there we go, a new place, a new city, new people.

My pg aunty is the sweetest, she has a son of my age and a daughter three years older than me, she told me to call her di as soon as I called her ma'am. I was so happy to get such a sweet rentor. And most importantly it's a bangali family.

I got into my apartment got everything inside and jumped on my bed with my hand wide open and my face facing to the ceiling.

So many thoughts, I packed my whole childhood in a suitcase and left? You weren't this brave Ria. Remember you are scared of cockroaches, spiders and ghosts? Fuck yes. I got up and sprayed the insecticide all over the place where it possibly be the home of insects. And ghost, we will see that.

I laid down again when I remember I have to call my parents. I called them and informed them everything. They wished me luck again. I wanted to hear him wishing me good luck. I picked up my phone and scrolled through the folder of pictures that I curated just for our pictures. I smiled like a fool.

I knew it was the end. I unfollowed him on Instagram, he had sent me a reel yesterday, i decided not to open the chat. It all felt like a dream, everything.

Again, maybe next time Niel will be Ria's, maybe.