16| Whispering ocean

Immortal Tears

Chapter 16•

                       It had been a dull and cold day in early November, threatening to rain but never raining. The cloudy sky that was trying to hold back tears brought darkness to the world. Y/n pulled out her backpack and set her eyes on the dark clouds and massive tall buildings outside the glass window walls. She always loved this kind of weather. If she had a genie, she would wished to look at the dark stormy ocean at a time like this. But Forster is far way. She has a lecture to attend in an hour and half. After stopping Jacob Ladegaard's Winter melody, the classic piano piece that was playing in the background, Edith opened the apartment door to start another day of her long immortal life. But her luck wasn't with her immortality this time, She suddenly tripped over something and almost fell off.

" What the- " Controlling her words, she checked the small parcel on the floor. It was a surprise for her to see that her name was written as "Y/n tansy" on the pumpkin orange colored cover. She picked up the small parcel and turned it around curiously. As she was about to open it, she suddenly remembered that she has a lecture soon. She didn't want to be late for the lectures. Wasting no time, she put the parcel in her bag and hurriedly walked towards the elevator humming a song. As soon as she got in to the elevator, Y/n heard a familiar voice.

" Y/n!! Wait for me!! Hold it, Y/n!!! " Felix ran towards the elevator yelling like a cult leader doing morning prayers. Y/n pressed the closing button in a speed that it could be break in any time. But Felix was able to enter the elevator before her idea was fulfilled.

" Thanks " Felix said in his usual innocent and bright tone. Disappointed by his victory, Y/n faked her smile and let out a sigh.

                     Felix looked at Y/n from coner of his eyes. She managed look neat and elegant even in a black sweater. Braided hair and sunglasses on her head gave her a classic and calm look. Apart from the black umbrella in his hand, there was nothing special about Felix's appearance. Y/n secretly looked at him and thought that the yellow hoodie and blue jeans he was wearing didn't match the day's weather. Few minutes passed by, they were silently standing next to each other like mannequins. In a wink, the elevator doors opend.

" I can give you a ride "  Felix said excitedly as y/n quietly left the elevator.

" No, thanks " She responded in a unconcerned voice. But Felix, the typical bright boy, didn't change his mood even a bit after being rejected, walked away with his usual smile. But luck was not in his side this time. Felix couldn't start his car in any ways. Only God knows whether it is good or bad luck...

                       So Y/n had to be Felix's guardian angel from god this time. Just as Y/n start the car, Felix managed to irritate her by jumping in front of the car like a Scarecrow. Pushing away the thought of hitting him with the car, she rolled down the side window.