Chapter 6: A Dance of Shadows

___________________________________________

The second ball of the season, was a grand affair that made the previous one pale in comparison.
Today Cossette was heading to the modiste with her mother and sister , she didn't mind though, she was in need of more gowns if she was to attend all the balls and gatherings of this season something she was not mostly excited for .
"Alphonse, have you not really noticed anything about the viscount I mean surely you must know something about him after all you know most man", Cossette asked her brother as the two of them were walking around the garden.
"For the hundreds time Cossette no, I have not heard anything bad about him , for all he seems like an honorable and good gentlemen who will treat our sister dearly ", Alphonse sighted irritated by his youngest sibling's suspiciousness.
"too much for honorable ", she mumbled rolling her eyes Wich was not unnoticed by the de Montmorency boy.
"look whatever you heard I'm sure it's only rumors and do not worry about Genevieve, for all it is my and papa's duty and I assure you we will make sure no unsuitable man will ever go near her ", smiled her brother looking at her rassurenly, it was that look she couldn't resist, one thing about Alphonse de Montmorency was his famous charming dazzling eyes , one look at them would wach all your worried away , ofcours it came in handy when he wanted to get at his sisters .
"I'm just saying", she sighted not really willing to anger him.
"don't you have a modiste to get to?", Alphonse asked with a smirk.
"oh don't remind me , I just escaped mama", she growned .
"well good luck escaping her now", with an amused grin the boy dashed from besides Cossette just as Catherine came in .
"ah there you are , I've been looking for you, come on we should not keep madame Delacroix waiting", Catherine spoke taking her daughter's hand , Cossette growned and turned her head where her brother was hiding mouthing him an "I hate you", before he waved at her laughing contantly to himself.

"you look absolutely beautiful miss de Montmorency", Madame Delacroix chimmed at Genevieve, they were doing last minute fit on thier dresses , madame Delacroix had done a wonderful job at both sister's dress , while Genevieve was in a baby pink shade , Cossette's was a pale green , matching her sparkling eyes.
"she dies doesn't she?", exclaimed a happy and proud Catherine.
"thank you madame Delacroix you did an outstanding job , I cannot express how grateful I am", the mother added smiling at the modiste.
"you look wonderful sister, pink is definitely your color", smiled Cossette.
"thank you dear sister, though I must admit green does suit you but I prefer blue on you , anyhow who do you think I'll dance with tonight? could it be lord brigerton?? oh how I'm excited to do so? he can even propose , we have been talking for the past three days , he ...he seems interested in me , maybe that is what mama was talking about, a love match! can you believe it , me, a viscountess", smiled Genevieve taking her sister's hand guiding her out of the dressing room .
Cossette only rolled her eyes, something she was frequently doing these past few days , she thought her eyes might get stuck from the act , in all honesty it was getting quite a habit of hers, whenever she is angry or stressed but can't express it she rolls her eyes .
"earth to Cossette, were you even listening?", asked Genevieve chuckling.
in truth Cossette wasn't entirely paying attention to her sister's rambling for she was debating whether she should tell Genevieve about her founding, or she should keep the secret in order to prevent the girl from any shock , in all honesty she didn't know.
"yes....yes , the viscount is sure......interested , you would make a great viscountess I'm sure Genevieve", she smiled as they climbed the carriage with thier mother heading home to get ready for the ball.