Chapter nine: A Casual Respite and Sibling Solace

___________________________________________
Cossette de Montmorency relished in the quieter pace of life that this week had afforded her. The hustle of the season's balls and the relentless pursuit of advantageous matches were absent from her days, replaced by the gentle rhythms of a life less scrutinized. Each morning, she greeted the dawn with an invigorating ride through the park on Premenad, her chestnut mare whose gait was as smooth as the waters of a tranquil lake.
After her rides, Cossette would often retire to the drawing room, where she practiced her embroidery, the needle dancing between her fingers as she crafted delicate flowers and intricate patterns onto the fabric. Or she might be found in the sunlit corner by the window, paintbrush in hand, as she captured the fleeting beauty of the garden blooms on canvas.
It was during one of these serene afternoons that Cossette sat conversing with her maid, Anancy, a woman of sharp wit and kind heart who had served their family for many years. They spoke of many things, but today their conversation took a turn toward the amusing peculiarities of high society.

"Oh, my lady," Anancy began with a twinkle in her eye, "did you hear about Lady Whistledown's latest scandal sheet? She claims that Mrs. Featherington's parrot has learned to recite her list of eligible suitors. Why, the bird has become more sought after than the lady herself!"
Cossette laughed, her voice like the tinkling of a silver bell. "Indeed? I should think that parrot might find a match before the season's end at this rate. Perhaps it should host its own ball, and all of London would be in attendance!"
"though I don't really read lady whistledown I must say some of her articles are pretty entertaining ", Cossette spoke.
it was a nice and normal night , where her parents and sister had left to a ball while her brother went to a club, she on the other hand spent the evening with anancy talking and painting.
Their laughter mingled, a carefree sound that filled the room. Yet, this mirth was short-lived, as the sound of the front door opening and closing with a thud signaled the return of Cossette's family from the evening's ball.
Moments later, Genevieve, , burst into the estate, her face awash with tears, her gown in disarray. She fled past them without a word, her sobs trailing behind her as she sought the sanctuary of her bedchamber.
"Genevieve please", the duchess pleaded but her daughter run to her room egnoring her.
Cossette watched from up stairs the exchange , she felt worried abd concerned, surely Genevieve was a fragile girl who cried a lot but still she couldn't shook of the bad feeling in her gut.

Cossette exchanged a worried glance with Anancy before rising to her feet. Her mother, the duchess de Montmorency, soon appeared, her expression one of displeasure mixed with concern.
"Mother, what has happened?" Cossette asked, her casual demeanor replaced by sisterly protectiveness.
"It seems that Miss Daphne Bridgerton has caused quite the stir," Catherine replied with a heavy sigh.
"She captured the attention of the Prince of Prussia, who, until this evening, had shown a marked preference for your sister.", Catherine spoke with bitterness in her voice, she was sick of those brigertons and how they ruined her daughter's debut abd happiness.
Cossette felt a pang of sympathy for Genevieve. She knew too well the pressures of finding a suitable match, the delicate dance of courtship that could turn treacherous with a single misstep.
Learning that the Bridgertons interfered with Genevieve's debut and seemingly orchestrated the prince's attention to be diverted to Daphne fills Cossette with a burning resentment toward the Bridgerton family. She believes that they have callously ruined her sister's chances at a promising match and tarnished her debut season.
Cossette's emotions are complex as she grapples with the injustice done to her sister. She feels a deep sense of protectiveness and loyalty toward Genevieve, and she can't help but despise the Bridgertons for what she perceives as their manipulative and self-serving actions. This turn of events fuels Cossette's determination to support her sister and seek a way to rectify the situation.
she knew Anthony Bridgerton was a rake for what he did to her sister but for Daphne to have the audacity to steal the prince when she secured a duke , she had never expected that from such a known and wealthy family.

Without another word, Cossette made her way to Genevieve's room, her heart heavy. She found her sister curled on the bed, her body shaking with each sob.
"Oh, Genevieve," Cossette whispered as she sat beside her, enveloping her in a gentle embrace. "I am so sorry."
"He left me," Genevieve sobbed , crying her eyes out.
"it's alright we'll figure this out", Cossette tried to comfort her but now she really didn't know how, her sister was in a much more worst state then the last time with Anthony.
she tried conforting her but it only made Genevieve cry louder.
Catherine entered the room and took her daughter in her hands, she shook her head at Cossette signaling her to leave the room .
the youngest wanted to protest but she obeyed when she saw how sad her sister was.
from inside her room Cossette could hear the cries of her sister and the yells of her father, the duke de Montmorency was mad to say the least , he was furious instead.
he passed around his study with Alphonse besides him thinking to himself about how can he help his daughter through this Sandle.
that night was a dark memory engraved in Thier minds, none of the de Montmorencys slept peaceful or at all, each and every one of them lost in Thier thoughts abd sadness for the eldest daughter of the family.

___________________________________________

Author note:Sorry for the shirt chapter but trust the process

Author note:
Sorry for the shirt chapter but trust the process