Chapter 4 : A Spicy Surprise

After some time, I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in!"

Natsuki enters the room with a smile.

"Hiii L/N-chan! Sorry to intrude, buuut... Tokiya-kun, Otoya-kun, and I were going to go and get some sushi and wanted to invite you!"

"I'd love to go! I appreciate you thinking of me." I smiled, and closed my laptop. Fortunately, the song I was working on was going well, and I anticipated being able to complete it by tomorrow night!

With a wholesome smile, Natsuki took my hand and guided me downstairs. His hand was soft, delicate fingers intertwining with mine.

"Everyoneee, L/N-chan will join us! Let's go~" Giving me a squeeze, Natsuki wrapped his arms around me and rubbed his face against my head. His innocent affection was a welcome change of pace after Eiichi and Van's directness.

Once downstairs, Otoya shared Natsuki's affectionate energy, taking my other hand. Cuties~

Otoya's hand was more firm, but nice and warm. The blonde and redhead walked with me to our taxi. I sat in the back, next to Otoya.

"Y/N-chan, since I suggested doing a game last night, I feel a bit responsible for what happened... I'm sorry." During the drive, Otoya whispered to me. His eyes were clouded with regret in a way that did not suit him...

"It's okay, really! I would play again, we had a lot of fun!" Trying my best to convey to him that there was no need to worry, I patted his head.

"U-Um, your positivity is reassuring...! I had fun too." Giving a pacified smile, he enjoyed the headpat.

"Hehe yeah? What was your favorite part, Otoya-kun?" I asked him.

"Hmm..." He paused, blushing a little. "W-well, you sitting in my lap was nice..."

My cheeks flared up in response. Kinda surprised he said that, but I'm flattered...

Once we arrived, we were guided to a private room to eat in order for the guys to have a more relaxed time without being recognized. It was one of those restaurants where our food would arrive via conveyor belt. I sat down next to Otoya and Tokiya, enjoying the company.

Once drinks and appetizers had been placed, Tokiya struck up a conversation with me.

"L/N-san, I heard you began your work today. How did things go?"

"I think things went well! It seems like I have my work cut out for me though... I plan on asking Reiji-senpai for some advice about the dancing." Ignoring my encounter with Eiichi, I responded.

"Rei-chan is me and Tokiya's senpai mentor, you'll be in good hands with him!" Otoya nodded eagerly.

"Yes, you are in good hands. Glad to hear things went well today." Tokiya smiled.

At this point our appetizers had arrived, along with our drinks. We shared some edamame and shumai dumplings.

"Tastyyy~" Otoya sighed with contentment, immediately going for some food.

It was Tokiya who spoke next, asking the others about a work-related trip happening soon for them. I tuned out since I wasn't participating. Though Otoya noticed my lack of inclusion, and sweetly scooted closer to me.

"Hey, Y/N-chan, look at this..." Otoya looked over the menu, and pointed out a sushi roll that boasted being extremely spicy.

"Hmmm?" Other than the name, it looked like an ordinary roll.

"Shhh, let's order it to share. It'll be hidden in plain sight~" Whispering mischievously, he went and placed an order.

"Otoya-kun... You're a lil trickster, hmm?" I hummed.