chapter 2: year 2

Platform 9 ¾ filled with kids and their families from all over the uk. The platform was overflowing. The only kids without families on the platform were the children who came from muggle homes or were orphans and those with friends instead of family. Families of all different sizes filled the platform, from families with 11 children to families with just one child to one child on their own with no family whatsoever. The biggest family on the platform belonged to the Weasleys and their foster children.

The Weasley family is made up of two ginger parents, 6 ginger boys, 1 ginger girl and one black haired girl who looked like the gingers. Then there's the four foster children: two sets of siblings. A black haired girl in slytherin uniform and a black haired boy in ravenclaw uniform were the first set of siblings. The second set consisted of a pair of black haired twins which consisted of a Hufflepuff girl and a Gryffindor boy.  

The smallest of the families was a ginger girl around the age of 13/14 already wearing her slytherin uniform. 

As you can guess, the platform was filled with noise as the children said goodbye to the parents and siblings who don’t go to Hogwarts while greeting their friends for the first time in 2 or more months. 

Jazz and Blaise were dropped out by a house elf and quickly separated onto the train so they didn't have to spend more time together. 

All the children, ages ranging from 11 years old to 17 years old, rush onto the Hogwarts express (as the doors open), all hoping to get the best compartment for their friend group before anyone else does.

Soon the platform was empty of all Hogwarts students except for those whose parents want to have a “word” with them. These students include the Malfoys and the slytherin daughter. 

Jazz had one thought in their mind “Find and meet my brother”. So they searched every compartment until they found Harry and a weasley.  They forced themselves into the competition and sat across from Harry. “Do you mind? We were having a conversation. No … girls allowed” the weasley said but Jazz ignored his comment to introduce themselves to Harry. “Hey, I'm Jazz …. Potter. We are twins.” 

“WHAT!” 

When the Hogwarts Express finally arrived at Hogwarts, everyone left the train. 2nd year and up got on the carriages while 1st years got on the boats. Jazz sat with a brown haired girl, a curly brown haired girl and a black haired girl. 

All the first year students gathered up in front of the doors to the great hall when they finally arrived at hogwarts. They were now in their uniform or they were meant to be anyway. But not all the students were wearing the current uniform or a uniform at all.  Jazz was wearing a black skirt, tights, a white blouse and a grey cardigan. Their bright red hair was still in two pigtails. 

After a while, the doors to the great all finally opened up and Mcgonagall led everyone inside before telling them to stand in front of a stool with a hat on top of it. 

Suddenly the hat started to sing which made the muggle raised people shocked. Bree smiled thinking about their parents sorting. 

“Oh,you may not think I'm pretty,
But don't judge on what you see,
I'll eat myself if you can find
A smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,
Your tops hats sleek and tall,
For I'm the Hogwarts Sorting Hat
And I can cap them all.

There's nothing hidden in your head
The Sorting Hat can't see,
So try me on and I will tell you
Where you ought to be.

You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell brave of heart,
Their daring, nerve, and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart;

You might belong in Hufflepuff,
Where they are just and loyal,
Those patient Hufflepuffs are true
And unafraid of toil;

Or yet wise old Ravenclaw,
If you've a ready mind,
Where those of wit and learning,
Will always find their kind;

Or perhaps in Slytherin
You'll make your real friends,
Those cunning folk use any means
To achieve their ends.

So put me on! Don't be afraid!
And you won't get in a flap!
You're safe in my hands(though I have none)
For I'm a Thinking Cap!!”