Don't Move

"Don't move, I'm not done with you yet"
———————————————————
She kicked him out of the house. She wanted a sabbatical from their relationship was that even a thing? You don't take sabbaticals from your husband. You face whatever the problem is together because that's marriage. But someone needs to tell Miranda Bailey that. Then she expected Ben just to run back home because she wanted him to, and the damn fence needed fixing. Yeah, she adjusted her meds, but the bottom line was she kicked him out. Here he is madly in love with this woman. But, she did what she did when they were dating. Something rough happened and she pushed him away. After the shooting, she broke up with him. She has a heart attack and breaks up with him. She can say it wasn't a separation or whatever but living apart from his wife to Ben was a separation and it was the first step to a divorce.

But he wondered if his wife ever learned to be in a healthy relationship. In high school, she was taken advantage of by the boy she liked. Tucker was her first love and that relationship ended up being toxic. Then here comes Ben. An example of a good man. For a woman who hasn't had a relationship with a good man that must've been scary for her. Self-sabotaging. Something got good for Miranda and she tried to destroy it. She can blame the shooting and her tape and glue sentiment but Ben is just so good a man and she's not used to that.

When she dumped him that time, she soon found herself under a male nurse. Ben wondered if the same would happen with a sabbatical. What were the rules? Were there rules? This wasn't even a thing and yet he experienced it. His wife was beautifully broken. He didn't fault her for that. But God sent her him. Hear Ben Warren tell it. He was God's gift to Miranda Bailey. And here his wife is almost ruining the gift.

Ben would often sit and stare at his ring and think about their wedding. The vows they took. He knew he shouldn't have just run off and decided to be a firefighter without telling his wife. But she would've tried to talk him out of it and that's why he didn't tell her. He had to follow his heart. That adrenaline seeker in him that he buried was ready to be resurrected and he just had to go for it. But a marriage is a partnership and he ignored his partner. She fell in love with an anesthesiologist, who went to LA to become a surgeon, who came back to Seattle to continue learning to be a surgeon, who randomly decided to apply to the fire academy.  That was not fair for her. Ben couldn't deny he played a role in his wife's stress. But as her husband, it was his job to make sure she was going to be alright. She asked him for a tree house and he didn't deliver. So he got up and built his woman a tree house. Peace was restored once he was in his wife's arms again he felt. This short, beautiful, infuriating woman is his whole world and she better never ever pull another stunt like that. He wants his damn 60 years.

"Ben" Miranda walked into the house

"Hey beautiful" He greeted her at the door with a kiss. He had been back home for months but man he still was afraid one day she'd wake up and get him out again. He felt like he was walking on eggshells some days.

"What's up" She smiled and put her purse down. He helped her take her coat off.

"Man can't just greet his wife at the door because he loves her"

"He totally can, but you have that look on your face" She laughed and headed up to their room so she could shower and change into some comfortable clothes. When she stepped out of the shower to her surprise Ben was in the bedroom. He was sitting on the bed in his tank top and sweatpants. He smiled upon seeing her. Even when he was unbelievably mad at his wife and hurt beyond comprehension she was his whole world. She was his favorite hello and his hardest goodbye. A look from her could send his emotions haywire. And right now staring at his wife, he had one goal.

"Oh hey" She chuckled and walked over to the dresser

"Yeah, you won't be needing anything in there" He smirked and walked over to her