Prologue

{Watch video while reading if you want to cry}

Harin, you light up my world,

Every moment with you is like a dream,

Your beauty is beyond compare,

You have my heart, my love, my soul,

I will love you forever, till the end of time's fire.

I wake up in a cold sweat, panting heavily as the memory of my last lifetime floods back to me. That poem... Dohyeon said it to me. Sigh. In the 999th lifetime, I failed to prove my love to Dohyeon, and he ended up with Minji again. But this time, it's different. I'm in the 21st century, and Dohyeon is the CEO of my company. Minji, his soon-to-be fiancée and co-CEO, waits for him in his office.

I know what I have to do in this lifetime. I have to prove my love to Dohyeon. I get dressed and head to the office, where I work as a project manager. As I walk through the hallway, I see Minji and Dohyeon talking.

"Good morning, Harin," Dohyeon greets me formally. Not even a smile?

"Good morning, sir," I reply, trying to keep cool.

"Harin, can you come to my office for a moment?" he asks.

"Sure," I say, following him to his office.

As we enter the room, Minji looks up and gives me a fake smile. "Hi, Harin," she says.

"Hi, Minji," I reply, my voice barely above a whisper.

Dohyeon sits behind his desk, and I sit in one of the chairs before him. "So, Harin, I wanted to talk to you about the new project we're working on. I need you to take the lead and ensure everything runs smoothly," he says.

"I'll do my best, sir," I reply, determined to prove my worth to him.

As we discussed the project, I could feel Minji's eyes on me, and I knew she was up to something. "Excuse me, sir, I need to get back to my desk," I say, standing up.

"Of course, Harin. Keep up the good work," Dohyeon says, smiling.

I walk out of the room and head back to my desk. As I sit down, I can feel Minji's gaze again. "What's your problem?" I ask her, unable to contain my frustration.

"My problem? Nothing, why do you ask?" she replies, her voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I know you're up to something. You always have been," I say, my voice getting louder.

"I don't know what you're talking about," she says, her eyes narrowing.

"You know exactly what I'm talking about. You want Dohyeon for yourself, but he's mine. I've loved him for 999 lifetimes, and I'm not going to let you take him away from me in this lifetime," I say, my eyes blazing with determination.

"You're crazy. You'll never be able to prove your love to him,. Your first-ever lifetime with him was just luck. How did I get him to love me for the past 999 lifetimes?" she sneered, standing up and walking away.