Episode Five

That's it! 

I need a new look.  

I've never focused on looks in this life and practically every other love life. 

Gee, in my last life of hope, my last chance, I just had to realize: GET A MAKEOVER.

I was way too focused on getting Dohyeon that I forgot the essentials!

How could I attract him with this...face?

I looked in the mirror.  In my current life, I have the same plain ponytail every day, with thick round glasses, a bland expression, and a boring personality.

I needed a glow-up.  

(THE NEXT WEEK)

DAY ONE...

" Good morning, sir," I said, walking past Dohyeon, who stopped checking his newspaper and turned his head over to greet me.

" Good morning, Miss. Li-" Dohyeon stopped greeting me when he saw me.  He probably wondered who I was.  

" Hey, sista!" Minji fake-greeted me. 

I rolled my eyes.

" Go back to your seat, Miss," I directed her.  Minji scoffed.

" Excuse me?!" She exclaimed, " Also, what's with...that?".  She was asking about my new look.

" A...glow up," I said calmly, " I thought I looked bland,"  

Why did I say that to her?  I should've ignored her.  

" Well, I think you did your "glow-up" wrong.  Look at my glow-ups," Minji said, smirking

 around.

" Your soul needs a glow-up," I said, smiling gently.   I also walked passed her.

I went to my desk and started organizing my things for the day. As I sat down, I could hear typing and chatter filling the room. The office was always bustling with activity, but I liked the energy it brought. It kept me on my toes and motivated me to work harder. 

I checked my emails and went through my to-do list when my phone rang.  It was Dohyeon.

" Sir?" I asked on the phone.

"Miss Lim, could you come to my office, please?" Dohyeon's voice sounded urgent.

"Of course, I'll be right there," I replied and hung up the phone. I quickly gathered my notebook and pen and headed towards Dohyeon's office.

When I arrived, Dohyeon looked up from his computer screen and motioned for me to sit.

"What's the matter, sir?" I asked, trying to gauge his mood.

"Miss Lim, I have a special project that I need you to take charge of," Dohyeon said, leaning back in his chair.

"Of course, sir. What do you need me to do?" I replied, eager to take on any challenge.

"I need you to plan and execute our company's annual charity event. This year, we're raising funds for a local orphanage," Dohyeon said, handing me a folder with all the details.

"I'm honored to take on this responsibility, sir. I'll do my best to ensure the event is a success," I said, taking the folder from him.

"Excellent. I have full confidence in you, Miss Lim. Let me know if you need any assistance," Dohyeon said, smiling at me.

"I will, sir. Thank you," I said, leaving his office excited to start planning the charity event.

" Oh, and by the way," Dohyeon said, " Are you willing to...except the position?".  

Wait, what?  OH WAIT...THAT!!!

The day I was trapped in the elevator!  A while before that, Dohyeon said I was upgraded from project manager to executive manager.  I acted a bit whiny and...I mean, after my temporary amnesia, I've kinda forgotten about that.  My desk and belongings were also moved back, so...

I mean...