Episode One

In my 934th life, I, Harin, was the baron's daughter. Minji was the Count's daughter. Dohyeon was the duke. That time, Dohyeon was no one's. He would get married soon, but his parents couldn't find anyone suitable for him. I still remember that day vividly when Dohyeon finally made his choice. I couldn't believe it when he chose Minji. I knew she was cunning and manipulative, and I couldn't understand why Dohyeon would choose someone like her. Knowing that he had chosen her over me was a bitter pill. With Dohyeon choosing Minji, it was clear that he would not marry me in this life. It was a difficult time watching Dohyeon and Minji's relationship unfold. I couldn't help but feel envious and resentful towards her, knowing that she had won him over.

..........

In my 200th life, during Ancient Egpyt, I was so close to getting together with Dohyeon... but then Minji played dirty and cast a love spell on him! So he was hers last minute.

I remember what the witch said.

"Dohyeon will not remember you, but perhaps true love can break that! Also, my dear, good luck!".

I had to restart everything. My relationship, love, life, age... But it would have been okay if I could be with Dohyeon. The day before we kissed, it was only my 200th life, too! I was so excited! But then, Minji came into the picture. That day, as I was preparing to meet Dohyeon at the temple, Minji appeared out of nowhere. As the days went by, Minji's presence became more and more prominent. She would always find a way to insert herself into our conversations and activities. Dohyeon didn't notice, but I could feel her influence growing stronger. And then, on a fateful day, Minji cast a love spell on Dohyeon. I could see the change in his behavior right away. He became more distant, more reserved. He stopped seeking out my company and started spending more time with Minji. I was heartbroken. I couldn't believe that someone so wicked could come between us. But try as I might, I couldn't break Minji's spell on Dohyeon. And that was the end of my 200th life! 

...............

UGH! WHY AM I THINKING ABOUT THIS RIGHT NOW!

TIME TO GET TO WORK!

I woke up at 6:30 AM.

Work started at 8:45 AM, and I had to arrive on time!

..............

8:44 AM: Work

I saw Dohyeon.

" Good morning, sir," I said, bowing down.

" Good morning, Ms. Lim," Dohyeon said. He looked the same as always: strict with his good looks. Anyway, I went to my workspace, which was gone!

" S-sir! My workspace! It's gone!" I ran to Dohyeon and almost cried.

" Ms. Lim. I assume you know what that means?" Dohyeon said.

" S-sir?" I asked, paused, and then looked up at him.

" You've moved to another department. You upgraded from project manager to executive manager," He said, crossing his arms. No! That'd be in another room, on another floor! I can't lose track of him!

" NO SIR!" I SCREAMED and started sobbing. I started hugging him.

" M-Miss. Lim???" Dohyeon looked confused, then coughed, and then looked pissed, " Miss. Lim, this is not appropriate. Especially because I am the executive of the executive: the CEO,". He frowned. N-no! I teared up.

" Dohyeon..." I whispered to him, " Y-you don't remember me, do you? I get it. You like Minji. B-but, you...". I paused, then turned red.

OMG! WHAT IN THE FRIGGIN UNIVERSE DID I SAY TO HIM?!

I looked up at him. He looked disgusted.

" S-SIR! I AM SO SORRY!" I screamed and ran away. I ran to the elevator, spamming the "LOBBY" button. But then suddenly, I heard a loud thud!

I heard a mic.

" Attention, passengers. I apologize for the inconvenience, but this elevator is currently out of service due to technical difficulties. Please remain calm and notify building management using the emergency phone or call button. We are working on resolving the issue and hope to have the elevator back in operation as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience," the mic said. My heart was pounding in my chest as I realized I was trapped in the elevator. Panic set in as I thought about how long I might be stuck there. Suddenly, I heard a strange scratching sound, like nails on metal. My mind raced with fear as I wondered what was causing the noise. Then, the lights flickered and went out completely, plunging me into darkness. I was utterly alone, in complete darkness, and the only sound was the scratching noise getting louder and louder. I tried to call for help using the emergency phone, but there was no answer. I couldn't see anything but felt a cold breeze on my skin and started crying.

Suddenly, another loud sound came from the front of the elevator: the door, and I beamed. Someone was here to save me!

But nope- as the elevator doors opened, I paled as I saw MINJI grinning.

" W-what are YOU doing here?!" I asked, glaring at her. She snickered.

" To save you, of course!" Minji said, sneering. I shuddered.

" What do you want?" I asked, " Execpt for Dohyeon." She glared at me and started cackling.

" FINALLY! I CAN BE WITH DOHYEON FOREVER! HAHAHA! THIS IS YOUR LAST LIFE, HARIN KIM! DO YOU THINK I'LL WAIT ANOTHER LIFETIME? I ALREADY WON, SO JUST LET ME EXTERMINATE YOU NOW!" Minji screamed and cut the elevator rope thingies. And then I started falling down rapidly...

" Goodbye!" Minji sweetly said, smiling.

I was falling down... and down.... and down...

As I was falling, my mind raced with fear and panic. I couldn't believe Minji would go to such extremes to be with Dohyeon. My heart was pounding in my chest as I kept falling down, not knowing when I would hit the ground. I tried to think of a way to survive the fall as I fell. I remember hearing that bending your knees upon impact can help reduce the force of the fall. So, I started turning my knees as much as possible and braced myself for impact. Finally, I hit the ground with a loud thud. I felt a sharp pain shoot through my body as I lay there, trying to catch my breath. I was alive, but barely. I was bleeding, too, and I think a few of my bones broke. I knew I had to get up and find a way out of this building before Minji returned to finish the job. I was in a dark, damp place, and no one was around, and I couldn't get up. My phone was broken, but maybe it still worked. I immediately called the emergency.

" Hello?" the other line said.

" H-hello?" I muttered weakly, " Is this the emergency?".

" Yes," they said.

" P-P-please...h-help....m-" I said, fraily. I...can't...breathe.....

"Hello? Miss?"

I closed my eyes.