Chapter 5

Jasmine

2 years ago, I helped Nyomi escape my dad's grasp. I don't know where she plans to go. But as long as she isn't here.

My dad has kept her locked up in the basement and would constantly hit her. He called her a monster for whom she was. My mom disappeared one day and wasn't able to help her in time. I would've helped her, too, but my dad got to her before I could.

It pained me to see my little sister and my best friend go through that. Nick also helped. He loves Nyomi. He gave her some money and food to start out. We made a pack to never tell anyone about her.

Once she left, my dad got better. He stopped drinking. He actually became a good dad. James and Carlos look up to him and have no idea what's going on. They think she disappeared like mom did. We did tell them to never ever tell one about her.

I did eventually tell Nick about me. As I am a hybrid, Nick swore his life to protect me.

I started school the day after Nyomi left. I made friends quickly. I also made friends with this kid Mateo, who was really good friends with Nick.

Mateo and I even dated for about a year before we decided that we are better off friends. I was never really close with Parker and Alex. I did talk to them, though.

Anyway, today was a normal day. School was going well. I was standing in the cafeteria with Nick. I notice Mateo walking over.

"Mateo is coming over." I said to Nick. We both look over at Mateo.

"Hey. What's up, man?" Nick asks.

"Hey, Mateo." I say.

"Hey guys. I have a question for you." Mateo says.

"Yeah. Sure. What's up?" Nick says.

"Do you guys have a sister? That goes by the name of Nyomi?" He asks.

Nyomi. Does he know her? How does he know her? I look down at the ground, not wanting to answer. Not know how to answer.

"No. We don't. Sorry." Nick says quickly and pulls me away.

Nick pulls me out into the hall.

"Does he know?" He asked.

"I don't know. But what if he does? What if she is in danger, Nick?" I asked, starting to freak out.

"Breath. We will find her. Okay? We just can't let Dad know that she is alive. We can't let Mateo or any of the triplets know that she is our sister."

"I know. But what if they do have her? What if she is in danger? They are technically the enemy pack." I said.

"But Mateo is also my best friend. He is also your friend and ex. I'll talk to him tomorrow after school, okay?"

"Okay." I said. Nick gives me a quick hug before leaving. The rest of the day was dreadfully slow. I had a couple of classes with Alex. Thankfully, he never said anything to me.

Once Nick and I got home, we immediately forgot about Nyomi. Stephanie had us cleaning the whole house. Dad was still at work. He usually doesn't get home till right before dinner.

Stephanie was literally the even step mom from Cinderella. She had Nick, James, and I doing all the chores in the house. She favorited Carlos over us even though he isn't her true child.

By the time our chores were done, Dad had gotten home. He looks like he is going to cry, but he also looks angry.

"Dominick and Jasmine. I need you two in my office. Now." He said in his demanding voice.