Chapter 19

Nyomi

By the time I had finished texting the group, the triplets had finished cleaning up their stations. I slip my phone into my side pocket of my backpack. I place my backpack on my shoulders before picking up Alex's water bottle. I look up at Alex, handing him it to him.

"Keep it the rest of the day. I have an extra in my locker in the locker room." He says with a gentle smile.

"I-It's almost all gone." I tell him, stuttering a bit.

"We'll fill it up before you go to your next class." Alex takes the metal bottle from my hand. I glance over at Octavious as I follow Alex out of the classroom. Parker and Mateo aren't too far behind. Just down the hall is a water refill station. I watch as Alex refills the bottle. I feel a pair of arms come around my waist. I look back to see Parker nuzzling his face into my neck. My cheeks warm in a blush.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask quietly.

"Showing affection, lovely." He whispers in my ear. I am not used to this much affection. When Alex is done, I pull myself away from Parker's arm. I take the bottle from Alex, and I see Octavious waiting at the other side of the hall. I say goodbye to the triplets before walking over to Octavious. His curl up in a smirk.

"Shut up. Don't say anything." I tell him.

"I won't. Right now." He says, linking arms with me. I look back at the boys before Octavious, and I walk to our last classes. I spot Darcy waiting outside the classroom. Octavious breaks off, heading to his own class. I enter through the door with Darcy. She leads me to the back of the class. I sit down in an empty seat, and Darcy sits next to me.

"Oh. I should tell you this now, there is this kid named Carlos in this class. He can be a jackass. So, hopefully, he doesn't sit next to you." She tells me. My eyes snap to hers.

"Carlos, you say?" Trying to play it off cool, but my heart is racing as fast as a cheetah right now. Well, maybe not that fast, but it fast. h

"Yeah. He'll sit wherever is open. So, let's hope that he doesn't pick up the back today."

I nod in response, turning my gaze towards the door. I watch the students' files into the class. None of them I recognize. Then again, I haven't actually seen Carlos in over who knows. But then this kid walked in. Jet black hair, bright blue eyes, and a sharp jaw. He looked like a younger version of Nick but also my parents at the same time. I knew this was Carlos. He walks over to me, sitting in the empty seat in front of me.

"You must be the new girl, Nyomi, right?" He asks in a very cold tone.

"Oh, uh yeah. I am."

"I had a sister named Nyomi. She was a bitch. She couldn't even follow my dad's simplest rules." Shivers run down my spines at his words.

"Had? What happened to her?" I ask him. Carlos turns around to look me dead in the eye.

"She is no longer my sister. She is dead to me."

"Oh. That bad, huh?" I try to sound casual, but his words hurt. Carlos laughs and his whole demeanor changes.

"Yeah. But you have nothing to worry about. You aren't her. Anyway, I'm Carlos." If only he knew, though. Carlos holds out his hand for me to shake. I take his hand in mine in the greeting manner. He lets it go and turn back to the front just as the professor walks in.

I make sure that the professor isn't looking when I pull out my phone. I unlock it, clicking on Jasmine's name as I text her.

Nyomi - Carlos thinks I am dead to him?