chapter first

Ashton's pov

Ashton's pov

I turned on my TV, grab my bowl of popcorn, that I've been thinking about all fucking day and get a glass of red wine so I can live my best Olivia Pope life for the next 12 hours on my first day off in the last 2 months.

I'd finally landed back home last night and into my vacation, which is really just me planning on sitting in my house uninterrupted for the next 6 weeks with pay. When I tell you I've been saving up for this moment of freedom.

Life has been absolutely chaotic for the last few months as I finished school to become a trauma counselor and then started working and traveling right away. I'm currently 2 weeks shy of my 26th birthday, thriving in my career and absolutely getting wwe rawdog slammed in my love life.

About 4 months ago, I found out that my now ex-girlfriend Rylee, of 4 years, was cheating on me with my twin brother. She claimed it was due to me being gone so much, since I travel around the country for work, but I didn't hear a word she said. Considering my brother was literally plowing her into my couch, while she was trying to come up with a second excuse mid thrust. Needless to say, I should've never bought a ring for that woman and I should've ate my fucking twin in the womb.

As I settle into my beautiful rose gold themed house, I start dozing off just as my phone decides to go off signalling another freaking call, from another freaking person, forgetting that I am technically out of reach for the next few weeks.

I groan and sit up looking at the caller ID.

*momshouldveswallowedme*

I laugh loudly "if he don't go on somewhere with his girlfriend-fucking whore-stealing ass" I mumble as I turn my phone over and focus back on Olivia and Fitz as they get hot and heavy in the oval.

You might be wondering why I am choosing to stay alone in my condo for a vacation instead of going somewhere around the world. Trust me, that was my plan 6 months ago before my momma got sick with cancer. I had planned to be spending this time with my new fiance but, we all know how that went. Back to momma though, I don't want to be far away in the event that anything were to happen.

Lord knows she'd haunt my ass and I'd never hear the end of it if she was alone. She doesn't know about my breakup, but I found it best not to stress her out by telling her that her kid's is beefing with one another. There is no way I'm letting anything take her mind away from just getting better, that chemo is no joke and it is beating her ass.

Plus I always make sure to see her twice a week when I know Drew's busy with basketball conditioning and I won't have to hear him try to justify why he was fucking my girlfriend in the first place.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing both of them speak. I've spent the last three months traveling as far away from Mansfield as I possibly could just to avoid them. I even moved farther from my mom just so they both stopped showing up on my damn doorstep every. single. day. I mean take a freaking hint for fucks sake.

One things for sure though, these next 6 weeks, I'm going to try and find a new sense of normalcy since this is the first time that I'll be home consistently after that dreadful night I walked in on them.

~~~~~

A/N: so this is my first chapter, what do we think so far?
I'll be going back to edit chapters as we go along. but feel free to let me know if I need to change something.

This is the shortest chapter of the book, but most chapters are over 2000 words.