Ch-9

Akatsuki Hideout, evening time

"The archeological signs and ancient writings talk about a mysterious power that Uchihas might have possessed" Kakashi read the paragraph of the book 'Who are we?' Written by Jiraiya to the higher ups of Akatsuki. Itachi, Asuma, Kurenai and others listened to him intently.

"The powers seem to be coming from eyes so I believe that there is something special about Uchiha's eyes. Though there is no other evidence of it other than a piece of rock which has an eye carved on it we should keep struggling to uncover more secrets"

"So Jiraiya sama was right about the eye! Isn't this the biggest breakthrough?" Konan exclaimed.

Kakashi flipped the pages of the book to a certain page, "The white eyes. Another powerful doujutsu that existed along with the Sharingan...the stone which we acquired in one of our missions has the name carved in it. I speculate that The White Eyes and Sharingan are just the two of many powers that we have discovered. While I can confirm that Sharingan belongs to Uchihas I can't say who wields the White Eyes or what is its name".

Kakashi closed the book as he read the final sentence "I think the White Eyes Jiraiya sama is talking about is what Neji acquired today".

"If this is a specific bloodline trait then we should do more research on it" Inoichi said.
"The old Akatsuki had two groups within, one which worked offensively and the other who tried to dig our history and research about it. But all the data which we had collected was destroyed by Otsutsukis" said Deidara.

"There is something I would like to reveal" Fugaku said as he entered the hideout "I heard your conversations about the Sharingan. The white eyes you are talking about is called Byakugan" everyone's eyes widened to this, "What? How do you know about it?"Itachi asked in disbelief.

"What I am about to say is only known to me and Hiashi. A very long time ago...time when old Akatsuki was almost at its end with most of the members dead. At that critical stage we decided to take a huge risk...the Attack on Konoha Capital"

"Konoha Capital?!" Asuma as well as everyone in the room was amazed by this. The Konoha Capital is the most guarded place on the 2nd Earth. Even till date it was believed that no one could attack that place.

"Yes. With Jiraiya sama the only one remaining of the strongest Akatsukis he knew that the group was already finished. He decided to infiltrate the Capital by himself and dig out secrets that are being hidden there. Do you know the Attack on Cloud village Capital?" Fugaku asked.

"Yes. Everyone knows it. It was the biggest successful attack that Otsutsukis faced from Humans. I still remember how everyone celebrated that attack when I was kid" Asuma replied.

"Yeah. When we captured the Village of Clouds we discovered a lot of hidden facts about human history. Because they never imagined that Clouds will ever be attacked they held a lot important things over there. The information about Byakugan and Sharingan was also over there.
The data was so immense that it was impossible to digest in one or two weeks. All the information stated in Jiraiya sama's book is just what he could remember.

The name Byakugan was found out by Hiashi much later after Jiraiya sama's death. Right when we captured , the Queen sent her Champion'Toneri' to recapture the Clouds. That day we faced the true wrath of that monster. Me , Hiashi and Jiraiya sama escaped safety from there but it costed us most of our comtades.......we were completely annihilated.

We understood that without Toneri's death it is not possible defeat them. Thus, Hiashi left Akatsuki and joined the conservative forces who believe that freedom can only be achieved by our own Champion...someone who can defeat Toneri".