018. masterpiece

They're watching the news in the bullpen when Spencer and Rossi get back with the guy who said he killed seven women and has five people kidnapped. The news talks about a woman and four kids who got abducted.

"What's going on?" Spencer asks.

"He said there were 5 more victims we could save?" Hotch asks.

"A woman was abducted this morning in Loretto, Virginia." Jordan says. "She runs a home daycare center. She had four children with her."

"They're all missing." Emily says.

"All five." Derek says.

"Are those the 5 more?" Rossi asks Rothchild.

"Are you pissed off yet, David?" He asks. Rossi leads him off.

+++

"It's not your fault, you know. Your IQ is your IQ." Rothchild says. "It's not education, David, it's genetics."

"What's this?" Rossi asks, holding the pendant.

"I need to explain what a pendant is?" Rothchild asks.

"What does it mean?" Rossi asks.

"Mean? It's just something I found at a fair."

"Sit down."

Rothchild sits down.

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can be used against you. You have the right to an attorney present. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand your rights--"

"Genetics is the key to everything, David." Rothchild says, cutting Derek off. "If you're not born with the right--" Derek slams his hand on the table.

"Do you understand your rights?" He asks again.

"Perfectly. I can have a lawyer. No, thank you. Some games are just intended to be played by higher intellects." Rothchild says.

"Harming a person weaker than you doesn't take any special ability." Derek says.

"Neither does slamming your fist down on a table." Rothchild retorts. "But we all must do what we must do." The two agents start to leave. "Bring Dr. Reid back with you."

"I never have any normal fans." Spencer says.

"This guy loves the attention." Derek says.

"He has a God complex." Rossi says. "Sooner or later he'll give up something important about Kaylee and the kids. Guys like him always do."

"Before he hurts them?" Derek asks.

"1:45. He said we had until 10:00." Hotch says.

"We need a button to push." Rossi says.

"The seven original homicides could give us some leverage." Derek says.

"He says we'll never find any evidence so he has nothing to worry about on them." Rossi says.

"He made point of saying there are no bodies, no physical evidence." Spencer says.

"We just have to show that a crime was committed. We can do that circumstantially." Bedelia says.

"We need to identify the original seven women. Going back in there with names just might shake him up." Rossi says.

"How do we do that?" Spencer asks.

"Reverse profiling." Rossi says.

"Learn everything we can about him and his methods and then profile it back to what kind of victim he would choose and from where." Hotch says.