14- [ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ]

⚝

"What happened, Jimin? Why are you here?" Jihun asked, clearly surprised.

"Nothing, hyung. Just thought to meet you," Jimin rubbing his temple to relieve his headache.

"Well, I think you shouldn't be here. Instead, you should be at home with your husband. You're newlyweds, and you should be spending your time together, not buried in work and files," Jihun suggested. Jimin internally scoffed at his words, unable to disclose the truth about their marriage. He forced a fake smile and nodded.

"What's happening, Jimin? Aren't you happy?" Jihun sensed his brother's uneasiness and inquired.

"It's not like that, hyung," Jimin immediately tried to cover up, but Jihun insisted, "I think we're not as close as we should be. You never shared anything about you and Taehyung with me. But Jimin, please think of me as capable of sharing your problems. After all, I'm your brother."

Jimin's heart clenched at Jihun's words. Taehyung's lie had hurt his brother, and Jimin couldn't help but resent him for it.

Jimin sighed and confessed, "I don't want to go there. It doesn't feel like home."

Jihun listened attentively without interrupting.

"If I go, everything will be a mess. Taehyung doesn't know how to handle household chores. It's not like we decided he would be solely responsible for them. But I'm too busy with my office work, and Taehyung often leaves the house for his random racing competitions. After spending almost 15 hours at the office, I still have to clean, do the dishes, and even cook dinner. Taehyung is terrible at cooking," Jimin explained, his exhaustion evident both physically and mentally.

"It's not a big deal, Jimin," Jihun said, reassuring his younger brother.

"Hyung, it is. I'm not skilled like you, and I'm not even good at cooking like Minhi. In fact, both of us are way too busy with our professional lives that our house looks like a trash bin. I can't handle it all alone," Jimin sounded frustrated.

"Jimin, just hire a caretaker If you guys are comfortable with it, I know you both aren't skilled in household chores because in a mansion, there's nothing to do. Maids handle everything, so just hire one," Jihun suggested, and Jimin just nodded in agreement.

"Jimin, I understand that things may feel new, but it is essential to prioritize companionship in a relationship between two partners."

Jimin gazed down at the floor and asked,

"Hyung, why do you think you and Minhi love each other? What makes you both feel loved by one another?"

Jihun let out a sigh and replied, "Love itself isn't complicated, but receiving and experiencing love can be complex. In this vast world, when a stranger genuinely cares for you, supports you, and understands you without any personal connection, that is love. After all, what else can it be other than love? When a stranger accepts you as you are, embraces your thoughts, and is willing to see the world through your eyes, with the intention of exploring their own world with you, that is undeniably love." Jihun smiled, concluding his explanation, but Jimin still appeared lost in thought.