t.r. - love actually one shot

A.N. - these are love actually INSPIRED love shots so little details about the story and/or Slytherin boys may be changed to fit the story. This story is based on David and Natalie (the prime minister).

If you like this, check out my TikTok SerpentsAndSongbirds!

The day has finally come. Tom Riddle's 21st birthday. The day he is proclaimed the new Dark Lord, finally taking his place on his father's throne. When he died, Voldemort decreed that his eldest son, Tom, would inherit his fortune, estate, businesses, and title on his 21st birthday. And now that day is here.

Tom is the new heir of Slytherin. And now that heir will ascend to his throne.

With a sinister smirk, Tom takes in the large manor in front of him. It's the biggest in the Wizarding World---only the best for the Dark Lord, of course---so it pleases him greatly with its dark mahogany wood, expansive grounds, and luxury finishes. It was given to his father by the noble House of Black and now it was Tom's. It's the perfect place to finally accept the birthright he's been waiting for.

Tom walks in the front door confidently, where he's immediately met by Bellatrix, his father's right-hand witch. Well, now she was his right-hand witch. "My Lord," she says with a soft voice. Tom can sense the fear in her tone. Perhaps she should be afraid. Everyone knows that Tom cares about following his father's legacy in ruling the wizarding world, though Tom doesn't agree with some of his methods. He can rule, yes, but Tom is smart and calculating enough to do it without brute force and senseless killings. He'll take control. Just in a better, slightly less evil manner. Tom's attention goes back to Bellatrix, who is looking at him expectantly. "We have been anxiously waiting for your arrival."

They should be, he thinks with a sneer. I'm their new ruler. 

He turns and looks at the many witches and wizards standing in the foyer of his estate. There's at least one for every noble wizarding house, all looking at him expectantly to see if he is the one who can live up to his father's reign. But Tom isn't nervous. No, Tom doesn't get nervous.

"Good morning," he says in a calm and deep voice. "I'm sure you are all wondering if I will live up to my father's legacy... I can't promise that my rule will be the same. I can't promise that I will uphold all of the same values and execute the same orders that he did. But I can promise that my father chose me as his heir for a reason." He pauses and gets out his wand. A soft green glow emits from the tip. Everyone around him gulps. "And if you want to leave... there's only one way to do it..." There's silence as his followers are nervous. His father ruled with death; they're scared he would do the same. Perhaps he would but only if he needed to. Now, he was waiting to see if he would need to at that particular moment.

 Then, clapping erupts from the group. Tom smiles a sinister yet proud smile. This is going to go swimmingly, he thinks.

"Come on, my lord," Bellatrix says from behind him. The crowd begins to disperse out the door, leaving him to get started. "I'll introduce you to your staff."

Tom follows her down the hallway. "We've chosen only the best for you... everyone is from one of the top pureblood families in the wizarding world. They've all received top marks in school and were hand-selected by your closest followers." Tom nods in approval. Bellatrix leads him into his office, where three people are stiffly standing, anxiously waiting to meet their new boss. If he was his father, he would have killed them for looking at him wrong. Now, Tom hopes to earn their loyalty. Respect was much more powerful than fear and together, they were unstoppable.

Bellatrix gestures to an older woman with a tight face and her hair in a blonde bun. "Here's Calypso Carrow, your head of household." Then, she points at a skinny and scraggly man with dark hair and a hunched back. "And Alioth Yaxley, your groundskeeper." Finally, Bellatrix points to you. "And this is your secretary... Y/N Black."