Dry Spell Pt.1

"Ethan! I'm going to murder you!"

Anntonia's eyelids flew open even as Michelle continued nipping at the skin on her neck. The breath in her lungs escaped in a moan as Michelle hit a particularly sensitive spot. Anntonia yanked at Michelle's hair and squirmed underneath her, "Fuck, Michelle. Hold on a second."

Michelle hummed but didn't listen. Her hands slid further up Anntonia's shirt and over the curves of her breasts. Anntonia let herself enjoy it for a couple more seconds before forcing herself to return to reality.

"Michelle" Anntonia smacked her wife on the head lightly, "where did Alice learn that word?"

Michelle pulled away and hovered over her wife. She blinked a couple of times, "What?"

"Your daughter just said she was going to murder Ethan," Anntonia pushed her wife off of her and rolled out of bed. She fixed her bunched shirt and tried to straight her messy hair.

They've had five minutes, maximum, of privacy in the last week. It was Saturday, Michelle's only day off for the next week until Sunday and they still weren't able to get a moment to just be together. Ethan still had sports and Alice still had to be at her musical rehearsals. Michelle had to be in the office nearly twenty-four seven for anything to go right and Anntonia was in the middle of managing a huge art gallery opening.

Their children constantly bickered too, so one of them had to be there to act as a mediator before anything physical occurred. It didn't really surprise their parents, they hadn't gotten along at all as children and Ethan was much more like Anntonia while Alice took after Michelle in most ways.

Most of their days consisted of Michelle waking before Anntonia getting ready and heading into the office. Then Anntonia took the kids to school and went to the gallery until she picked up the kids and took them home. Michelle didn't normally arrive home until after Anntonia was in bed.

Both women had figured out long ago that Anntonia wasn't capable of staying up past 11:30 at night and if she did, the next morning would be a rush for Ethan and Alice. So they fell into an unhealthy routine and in effect, an even unhealthier sexual dry spell.

Here they were, with five minutes to themselves and they only succeeded in further frustrating each other. They both felt it, the underlying tension underneath the much more prevalent stresses of day to day life. It put Anntonia in a bad mood and made Michelle irritable-well, more irritable than others.

Michelle rolled onto her back with a heavy sigh. She ran a hand through her hair and watched her wife, "This is frustrating."

Anntonia glanced in the mirror, examining her neck for any signs of a mark. Her eyes met Michelle's through their reflections, "Don't you think I know that?" she rolled her eyes again, "But there's really nothing we can do about it."

"Mommy!" Ethan came running in the room, slamming the door opening and rushing to Anntonia. His short arms wrapped around Anntonia's knees as she stood up and he clung to her like his life depended on it.

"What's wrong, sweetie?" Anntonia soothingly ran her fingers through his soft dark hair. He was only five, still attached to his mother's hip.

"Alice won't share!" He wailed.

Michelle rolled out of bed at this and rubbed her eyes. It felt like it took all of her strength to complete that one simple task. She felt disappointed and incredibly frustrated, even worse, further detached from her wife than before.

"Alice Ann Porsild-Dee!" Michelle called. It was her mom voice, the one Anntonia found adorable because she was trying to be stern but always melted anyway.