New Boot

"Ahh rookie day." Tim says looking down from the stairs. "The best day." he says proudly.
"Oh please Tim you know you're going to wash out your new rookie within their first steps into the station. Or new love could blossom. There's a female rookie, who's quite good looking, who's exactly your type. Hooking up with your rookie? That's hot." Angela said laughing.
Angela was Tim's best friend and helped him through his messy divorce with his ex-wife who was addicted to drugs. She was his cheerleader
to get with someone else. He wanted to believe me. There was just no one who seemed to meet his standards.
"Please Angela shut up." Tim said rolling his eyes friendly punching her in the arm.
"Listen I hear your getting her as your boot and I mean come on she is stunning, and the fact your her TO? that's a fat ass turn on, breaking the rules is a turn on." Angela giggled down his ear.
"I will personally tell every man you talk to EVERY. SINGLE. EMBARRASSING. STORY. I have of you if you don't shut up." He said giving her a glare with glints of that "funny anger" as they liked to call it.
"Shutting up right now." she said doing the zipping mouth motion. He said a little thank you lord and she slapped him.
"Slap me again I'll tell the stories." he said feeling victorious and being smug.
"And I'll arrest you for blackmailing." She replied grinning her ass off.
He rolled her eyes and gently hit her. There bond was special. Tim could talk to her about anything, although he tried to restrain telling her about his love life to avoid the never ending teasing that would come along with it hand in hand. He trusted her with his life and so did she. It was an unbreakable bond.
"Timmy oh Timmy ready to meet your new girlfriend ooo la la!" she said patting his back laughing. He rolled his eyes in return.

*in roll call*

"We have new rookies everybody. I will read out which TO your having and then you will state your name and badge number." Grey says.
"Officer Nyla Harper your rookie is Officer John Nolan." Grey gestured him to stand up.
"I am Officer John Nolan badge number 25253." he said rocking a joyful smile.
"Officer Tim Bradford," Tim perked up, "you have our hotshot Lucy Chen." Grey stated gesturing her to stand up.
"I am Officer Lucy Chen badge number 28537." she announced with a soft eyed look and sweetness in her eyes. Tim held his hand up and nodded at her. She nodded back smiling.

*tim's head"
*My new rookie. She has pretty eyes. They look comforting and sweet. The brown reminds me of a comfy and cozy night in an autumn cabin. Somethin I can't describe about thos- OH MY GOD. Did I just call my rookie good looking? No I didn't just her eyes. This must just be the after effects of my messy divorce nothing more. Yeah that's fine telling your colleague she looks nice I tell Angela that all the time. Yeah I'm just overthinking this.*
He repeated the last part over and over and over.

"Bradford you good?" Angela nudged him gently.
"Yeah fine." He said abruptly with hesitancy evident in his tone.
"Don't lie to me." she said putting his arm around him.
"Im not I promise." he said as calm and firm as he could showing Angela he wanted to end the topic. She knew he wasn't just 'fine'. He was never just 'fine'. He didn't even tell his ex-wife everything before they divorced. He could never be 'just fine'. Tim Bradford was never 'just fine'. She decided to lighten the mood.
"Ain't your rookie hot? As grey said hotshot!" she said restraining all her smiles and giggles.
"I'm not breaking the rules Angela." He replied still looking at Lucy.
"Then why you looking at her Timmy?" Angela asked.
"I am not a little child, and I need to see if she has the fit of a cop." he replied annoyed. It was clear as day he was lying. Angela noticed. She had been his friend for years. She decided she needed to do a little matchmaking.

*lucy's head*
*Thats my TO. He looks fit, I think im in good hands. He's got muscle to protect me and his ocean blue eyes to comfort me. He looks buff.
And his eyes oh my god I've never seen bluer eyes. They seem so protective.* she paused for a minute, *oh my god. do I think my TO is hot?
no Lucy Chen you do not! Lucy Chen does not think her TO Tim Bradford was hot. It just couldn't be. Especially in my rookie year I could get washed out quicker than you can say cop. I don't think he is hot.* she lulled her head into this mindset and continued paying attention
in roll call.

Roll call finishes and everyone walks out.
"Hey your Bradford's boot right?" Angela asked dragging Nyla with her.
"Yeah I am, Lucy Chen, nice to meet you." she smiled brightly.
"Yes perfect.." Angela muttered under her breath. "Just warning you Tim is a real hard ass with empathetic people so I'd watch your back.
Although that might not be a problem for you two." Angela giggled trying to keep a firm, straight face.
"What do you mean?" Lucy asked puzzled.
"Nothing! You go to Bradford, best of luck. Have a nice first day!" Nyla said smiling. She smiled back and walked off.
"Bets on, $100 for the winner yeah?" Angela said determinedly, game face on.
"Deal." Nyla said.