Part Of Your World (Reprise)

On the beach, Angelica lies on his back, unconscious, with Dick leaning over her. Scuttle lands beside them.

Dick: Is she - dead?

Scuttle opens Angelica's eyelids.

Scuttle: It's hard to say. (Scuttle puts his head up against Angelica's foot.) Oh, I - I can't make out a heartbeat.

Dick: No, look! She's breathing. (moving her hair from her face) She's so, beautiful. (singing) What would I give

To live where you are?

What would I pay

To stay here beside you?

What would I do to see you

Smiling at me? (Alfred and Flounder have washed up. They watch as Dick caresses Angelica's cheek and sings longingly. Alfred drops his jaw in disbelief and Scuttle closes it.) Where would we walk?

Where would we run?

If we could stay all day in the sun?

Just you and me

And I could be

Part of your world

The sun parts through the gray clouds and Angelica's eyes flutter open as she touches Dick's hand, only seeing his waist up. She watches as the golden sunlight lights up behind him. Max barks and runs to lick her face. Grimsby approaches and he dives into the water. 

Grimsby: Angelica! Oh, Angelica. You really delight in these sadistic strains on my blood pressure, don't you?

Grimsby helps Angelica up and she shakes her head.

Angelica: A boy - rescued me... He was - singing... he had the most - beautiful voice.

Grimsby: Ah, Angie, I think you've swallowed a bit too much seawater. Off we go. Come on, Max.

Max stands in the water, barking towards Dick and his friends.

Alfred: (to Flounder) We just gotta forget this whole thing ever happened. Bruce will never know. You won't tell him, I won't tell him. I will stay in one piece.

Dick: (singing) I don't know when

I don't know how

But I know something's starting right now 

Watch and you'll see 

Some day I'll be 

Part of your world

Dick hoists himself upon a rock to watch Angelica leave. Behind him, Flotsam and Jetsam rise from the water. Morden watches Dick through a magical bubble.

Morden: Oh, no, no, no, no, no, no. I can't stand it - it's too easy. The child is in love with a human. And not just any human - a princess! (sarcastically) His mentor'll love that. Bruce Wayne's headstrong, lovesick ward would make a charming addition to my little garden.

Attached to the floor, hundreds of sad shriveled creatures squirm and shake. Morden laughs evilly.