*Free*

"You shot Jenny, Alexis. The evidence doesn't lie." Agent Gerard said, very seriously.

Lexi put her head in her hands. "Wh-What?"

She shot her head back up. "No, no I didn't! I've never even touched that gun!"

"Then how can you explain the prints?!" The agent raised his tone to match Alexis's.

"I- I don't know, but I didn't shoot her!" Alexis shut her eyes tightly. Her head was pounding with all of this sudden adrenaline.

"What happened last night, Alexis?! You were there, you know what happened!"

"I don't know!!!" Alexis yelled. She stood and began pacing. It wasn't long before she froze mid-step. She grunted as she knelt down. Her head pounded as she tried to remember what happened last night. She remembered the gun in her hand now. She saw herself pointing it at Jenny. Lexi bit her knuckle, holding back tears. She felt a hand on her shoulder and started.

"Alexis?" Agent Gerard removed his hand form her shoulder. "What do you remember?"

Lexi closed her eyes, almost whispering, "I shot her... Oh my gosh I shot her..."

She looked at the agent, who was nodding as if he just needed this confirmation. Suddenly, she felt herself running, panicking. This couldn't be happening.

~~~

Alexis couldn't remember winding up on the floor beside the vending machines in the breakroom. Her fear took over again. She buried her face in her hands. She wasn't too surprised a few minutes later to hear her name being called.

McGee, apparently the one sent to search this area, walked around the corner. He typed something into his phone, then walked over to her. "Lexi, you can't run off like that."

She looked up at him, revealing her distraught face. "What did I do??"

McGee looked around and then sat next to her. "Lexi, how many times do we need to go through this. This is not your fault. Stop blaming yourself."

"How is it not my fault, McGee??? I shot her!" Lexi let her tears flow. "I pulled the gun out, and shot her."

McGee, only barely knowing how to handle crying teenagers, put his arms around Lexi. "It's not your fault, Alexis... You didn't choose to do it."

Lexi leaned into him. "Who did this?"

"I don't know... but there's evidence that someone else came into your house last night. After you left and went to the park, someone had to come get the director... I have no doubt its the people who took you."

Lexi leaned back. "What??"

"We have some leads, Lexi. We are going to find her."

Lexi nodded and dried her tears. "What do I need to do?"

McGee waited a moment, then stood with Lexi. "You need to finish your conversation with Agent Gerard. Play by Fornell's rules. Let us do our jobs. We will get her back."

~~~

McGee led Lexi back to the interrogation room. He patted her shoulder softly in attempts to reassure her before he head back down the hallway.

When Lexi walked back in, Agent Gerard was still sitting, only facing the door now. He leaned against the table and rested, seeming bored. "Welcome back..."

Lexi rubbed her arm awkwardly. "Sorry... about that."

He motioned for her to take her seat, and she followed his movement, sitting without disturbing the table or chair at all.