Chapter 5

At the end of the school day, Juya was stood by the gates waiting for her friend. She played on her phone as people left, a few saying bye to her on their way.

"Hi Ju! Are we ready?" Jovi called, as she walked up to her friend.

"Yeah let's go." Juya replied.

The two then left school, heading to a local ice cream parlour. When they arrived, they saw a few people sitting around. Juya and Jovi looked at the many flavours before choosing what they wanted.

When the girls have their chosen ice cream, they take a seat by the window, looking at the few people walking past. Jovi ate her ice cream happily, while Juya looked like she was thinking about something, her friend noticed.

"What's wrong?" Jovi asked.

"Hmm, oh just thinking." Juya responded.

"About?" Jovi called.

"Is it my brother~" She added with a cheeky smile.

"Possibly." Juya said, trying not to blush.

"I know you like him! I mean most people do but your different!" Jovi exclaimed.

"How so?" Juya questioned.

"Most girls just want my brother in bed, you want him as a real boyfriend." Jovi mentioned.

"Which is true....but your brother doesn't know I exist." Juya reminded the younger girl.

"Then...we make a plan for him to notice you!" Jovi shouted. 

"How?" Juya asked.

"I'll think of something and tell you tomorrow, but for now let's enjoy our ice cream!" Jovi responded.

Juya laughed at the energetic girl as they continued eating their sweet, cold delight. After spending an hour chatting and eating some more ice cream, the two friends share their goodbye for the evening and part ways.  

Once Jovi got home, she heard quiet, which never usually happened as she walked in. She was used to the shouts of boys. She kicked her shoes off and called out.

"Woo, you home?" She called.

"Living room." She heard her brother call.

Jovi then walked into the living room, only to see her older brother sat there. None of the other boys were around and Jovi noticed the sour face her brother had.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Jovi asked as she took a seat on the sofa. Sunwoo sighed, resting his head in his hands.

"I need to tell you something." He started.

"Okay...you can tell me anything, you know that." Jovi said.

"I know bub, but this is about our ever so lovely aunt." Sunwoo replied, sarcasm dripping from his tone.

"Oh that witch." Jovi mumbled, making Sunwoo laugh.

"Unfortunately. We have to see her on Saturday, the social workers are doing their check." He told her.

"But we can still go to Chanhee's party right?" She asked.

"Hell yeah we are, we'll only be there for the social workers to see we "live" with her and she "cares" for us." Sunwoo said.

"Why can't we just say we live alone?" Jovi wondered out loud.

"We're teenagers, bub, they wouldn't allow it. Then we'd end up in foster care again, possibly being split up." Sunwoo said, rubbing his sister's shoulder.

"Okay, so fake it till we make it?" She asked laughing, Sunwoo laughed along.

"Fake it till we make it, bub." He agreed.

Sunwoo would do anything to keep his sister by his side and he knew he had the others support as well.