Chapter 12

The weekend rolled past quickly, Jovi kept messaging Juya after her date. That weekend Juya went to spend time with her mother, who advised her to give Sunwoo a chance. As it was Monday, Juya started her walk to school, like normal, however this time, she received a text, not from Jovi.

Hey, it's Sunwoo. Meet me by the gate first thing this morning

She felt butterflies in her stomach. Why did she feel this? She knew she liked Sunwoo, thought he was funny and good looking, but she knew his reputation. Part of her was scared to be with Sunwoo, worried he would get bored of her.

As all these thoughts rushed through her head, Juya soon realised she had arrived at school and Sunwoo was already waiting by the gates. She saw him leaning against the wall, a cigarette dangling between his lips as he played on his phone. Juya walked over, her footsteps being heard by the male, who looked up with a smile.

"Morning." He greeted.

"Morning, where's Jovi?" Juya responded.

"Hey, I was the one who texted you, feels like you want to be with my sister more than me." Sunwoo replied with a small laugh.

"She is my best friend." Juya stated.

"Huh, true. Well, I was wondering if I could walk you to your class." He suggested.

"Uh, sure." She answered.

"I don't have to." He said.

"No it's okay. I'm giving you a chance." She replied.

Sunwoo smiled. What Juya didn't know was that Sunwoo really liked her and wanted to get to know her, but he was too scared to admit it. He knew his reputation and how people saw him, he was worried she would laugh at him.

"Let's go." He said, grabbing her hand.

Juya felt an electric shock at the touch. Sunwoo started walking into the school building, all eyes turned to them as they walked inside, many people whispering about them. She knew if she were to be Kim Sunwoo's girl, she'd have to deal with the stares and comments. Juya just wondered what the day would include.