Chapter XIV

Nathalie entered the boss's office. Gabriel was just coming up with his next plan. He was busy and quite nervous. Mainly because he can't come up with a suitable plan to finally defeat Ladybug and Chat Noir once and for all. The woman, however, didn't know what to say to him or how to start the topic.
-Um...Gabriel? -I'm listening.
-I heard you didn't let Adrien go to the ball tonight...
-Yes...but I don't want him walking around the city alone at night.
-Alone? And the security guard?
-He's free tonight and I haven't time to let him down.
-Well, what about me?
-You? You are sick and weak, you should be resting, not driving around the city.
-But I can let him down. This is for me no problem.
-I won't risk your health again, something will happen to you. You faint while driving and what then?
-I'm fine, Gabriel! Stop treating me like I can't handle myself! Don't treat your son this way!
-Don't you understand that I want to protect you?
-Protect? I guess I should limit it and stay at home. For Adrien, this house is like a prison! Finally understand it.
-He won't go to the ball and that's it. There is no one to disappoint him and that's it! -Is there no one to disappoint him?! And you?!
-I told you I'm busy!
-What!? Coming up with new plans to defeat Ladybug and Cat Noir!?
-You don't understand anything, I'm doing it for you!!!
-But you can also take a break! These miracles are not everything! You can also spend some time with your son! This prom means a lot to him, you don't understand! Leave your stupid plans and take him, since you won't let me do it! Let him go!
-Nathalie!!! Adrien is my son and I decide about him!!!

These words unnerved Nathalie.
-Then don't count on my help anymore!!! Deal with your son, emails, papers, miracles and other matters a million times more important than the happiness of your family!!! - she shouted nervously and slammed the door.
-Nathalie? What happened there? - Adrien asked terrified.
-I'm fed up with your father! - the woman screamed with tears in her eyes. Then she just left the house, slamming the door again, of course. Adrien sighed deeply.

After a few hours, Gabriel finally emerged from his office. He calmed down, thought about the whole situation and was ready to talk to Nathalie and apologize to her. He knocked on her room, but only silence answered him. So he went to his son's room.
-Adrien? I... I've thought about this whole situation and if you want, I'll take you, unless you prefer to go alone or with friends.
-Really?! Thank you Dad! - the happy boy shouted and hugged Gabriel. - I need to text Nino, Alya and Marinette quickly.
-You don't know where Nathalie is? - asked the worried man. I haven't seen her for a few hours...
-Nathalie? I haven't seen her either. After your argument left the house and away she's gone that time.
-How so?! It's been quite a few hours! Something could have happened to her! Don't you know where she went?
-Unfortunately not...

Gabirel was in a panic attack and didn't know what to do. He grabbed the phone and started calling Nathalie. Unfortunately, she didn't pick up either the first or the fourth time. The designer got really scared. Finally he decided to look for her himself. He ran out of the residence and ran around the city for over an hour. There was no sign of his assistant anywhere. When he was walking down the street resigned, after a long search, he suddenly noticed in the window of a nearby cafe one of Nathalie's friends, whom he met when they went ice skating.
-Maybe she knows something... - Gabriel thought and without hesitation he entered the restaurant.